THIRTY SIX

Aera was still sobbing hard, looking down at her hands covered in Namjoon's blood as she held the box tightly. She felt all the emotions and heartbreak she experienced when people she cared about got hurt, all over again.

Hoseok glanced over at her. He knew that she was not in the right state of mind at the moment as she kept chanting the leader's name over and over again.

"Namjoon... I can't lose you... Jebal." She sobbed and brought the little box close to her chest.

"He will be fine," Hoseok muttered in a reassuring tone.

"How would you know? Did you not see how bad his condition was?!" She nearly yelled at the man next to her, a terrible sob breaking free from her chest.

"My boss is a strong person. He will be fine. He has to be. And I want you to calm down!" Hoseok instructed her as he did not need her to be so impolite with him. He had never done her any harm.

 He had never done her any harm

"He can't die, he can't. I still have a lot of things to tell him," she muttered as her eyes did not stop filling themselves with tears. Hoseok was curious to know what had happened between his boss and the captive when they were away from the city.

"Miss Han? Do you know why I left for New York a few weeks ago?" Hoseok looked at the girl, who seemed not interested in listening to him. However, he knew that he needed to talk to her to distract her from overthinking Namjoon's condition.

"I was jealous of you. When I found my boyfriend giving all his attention to you and completely ignoring me, I began to hate you. I even thought he deceived me, that he was only playing with my feelings. Therefore, I decided to allow myself and him some space to think. Think about the importance of my person in his life. While I stayed in the US, I occupied my busy mind by attending a few fashion shows. I met a guy with the same interest in fashion as me at one of them. He was a nice man, and I thought I could forget about Yoongi hyung when I was with him. We went out a few times, and we even kissed at the club after some drinks and a lot of dancing. That night, he took me with him to his house. We started to make out, and I almost cheated on my boyfriend. However, Yoongi hyung and his stupid cute smile, soft hands, and passionate kisses were all I could think about. The other guy did not bring up any of the feelings I had in my heart when I fought about Yoongi. At that moment, I knew that no one could ever replace Yoongi hyung in my heart. I love him and only him," Hoseok let her know as he glanced at her, yet Aera seemed not interested in talking to him.

"Miss Han, if you were given a chance to choose between Yoongi hyung and my boss, who would you choose?" Hoseok was desperate to know her feelings towards both of the men.

"Why is my answer so important to you?" She asked him back in a pretty rude tone. Hoseok tried to stay as calm as possible with her being so disrespectful towards him.

"I just want to understand why you are reacting this way. My boss is your kidnapper. He doesn't treat you as well as Yoongi hyung does. You already know about his intention to kill you. You had a chance to run away, but you did not! Why? Is it because you are starting to like my boss? Or do you only use him so you can be with Yoongi hyung?"