THIRTY FIVE

The sun lit up the room when the inhabitants were still asleep deeply and firmly

The sun lit up the room when the inhabitants were still asleep deeply and firmly. The sound of birds chirping woke Aera slowly up from her deep slumber. Namjoon's tight embrace was still pressing her body against his. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes to get a better look at the man. She could not help the smile forming on her face as she watched him peacefully asleep. His breathing was calm, and she could not help herself as to stare at his cute messy hair and his sinful mouth slightly agape. She touched his face and caressed his soft cheek gently as her soft lips found his. She initially wanted to give him a light kiss, but she felt him pull her closer as his lips moved perfectly against hers. And Aera happily accepted the invitation. 

"I can get used to waking up like this," he said in his sleepy deep voice after they broke apart from the sweet kiss. Aera blushed at his words as she nuzzled up against him.

"You woke up already." She said, drawing an invisible pattern on his arm. Namjoon smiled, feeling happy that they were finally together. From now on, all he wanted was to wake up every day with her in his arms. 

After they were done with their morning routine and had a pleasant breakfast together, Aera suggested going for a walk with Namjoon as she wanted to explore more of the place she grew to love over the last few days. 

"Let me take you up to the hill over there. My father used to bring me there for sightseeing. I'm sure you will love it as much as I do. Get ready while I go searching for the map, okay?" He proposed to her, and she nodded in agreement.

Namjoon entered the smallest part of the cabin, a storage room. When he walked into the small space, it was like stepping back in time. As he explored the room, looking for the map, his eyes instantly discovered a small rectangular antique wooden box on a shelf.

He undid the clamp, and his eyes were mesmerized by the content

He undid the clamp, and his eyes were mesmerized by the content. Inside the box, he found a pair of necklaces. It came with two Obsidian gems shaped like a Yin and Yang. One of the stones had a Dragon, and the other had a Phoenix. As far as he knew, the Dragon and the Phoenix were the perfect couples. They represented everlasting love and the ultimate symbol of friendship and happiness. He wondered if his father had made this custom necklace for himself and his beloved wife. He found the answer to his curiosity when he saw pieces of paper tied to the box, two small letters with unclear handwriting. Namjoon opened the first document and read it.