SIXTY-TWO

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT

Aera was reading the book in her hand and occasionally looked out the window. She felt calm, taking in the breathtaking scenery around the big land. Soon after, she saw Seokjin come from the first villa, still dressed in sports clothes. He had a drink in his hand as he sat in the chair near the pool. This was the first time she had noticed Seokjin staying at the house during the daytime. He was a hardworking man who put his heart and soul into his job. And she wondered if the attorney already had someone special in his heart because she had never seen him with a girl. Seokjin was good-looking, and Aera was sure he had secret admirers, especially among the female attorneys.

Aera suddenly remembered that Seokjin had kept the original property document with him. She had given this a lot of thought. And she concluded that this would be the perfect time to inform Seokjin of her plans. She put down the book and walked to the first villa through the access door, heading to the kitchen to prepare a plate of fruits for the attorney.

"Good morning, Seokjin," she greeted the attorney and took a seat next to him. Seokjin looked up at her and smiled.

"Good morning, Miss Han."

"Can I join you?" she asked, picking a slice of watermelon with a fork before handing it to the young man. Seokjin gladly accepted the snack and said, "Thank you."

"Are you on your off day today?" Aera started to speak after a while as they enjoyed the fruits.

"Yes. My body feels a bit sore lately."

"Did you take some painkillers?"

"Yes, I did."

"That's good to know. This is the first time I have seen you staying at home since I came to this family. You even go to work on Sunday. It would be best if you took a break sometimes," she advised the attorney.

"I don't remember when I last took a day off. Since Namjoon lost his father and I saw him break down, I need.. no, I want to guide him to the best of my ability. He doesn't have anyone else to rely on."

"You carry a big responsibility on your shoulders. It must be a huge sacrifice to serve and take care of Namjoon."

"I was grateful to have met Kim Tae Ran. As an inexperienced attorney, I frequently lost in court until I was fired one day. My life was miserable, and my chances of finding work were slim because of my bad reputation. When The Peacock was looking for an attorney, I sent my resume. I didn't have high hopes, but I wanted to give it a shot when they called me in for the interview. And it surprised me when he still hired me even though he knew about my bad reputation. He made me handle his family's property and sent me to a legal training academy to sharpen my skills as a lawyer. I would not be who I am today without Mr. Kim's help. In return for his kindness, I have sworn to protect Namjoon, regardless of the risks or consequences. I will not forget the trust that has been given to me." Seokjin told Aera. She was glad that Seokjin did not felt awkward to share his life journey with Namjoon to her.

"I'm utterly amazed by your devotion. You are not only the family's attorney but also a part of his family. Should I call it bromance at its best?" Aera grinned, and Seokjin couldn't help but laugh at her.

"And right now, I might need your help as well," she said after a minute of silence.

"Miss Han, you're also a part of this family. It would be an honor to help you."

"Do you still have the property document Choi Byeonhosanim gave you?" she inquired. The pleasant conversation quickly turned serious.

"Yes, it's safe with me. Why are you asking?"