SIXTY- FOUR

"Hwejangnim. I got some great news for you," Kim Bujang said right after the president picked up his phone.

"You sound very excited. Tell me about that."

"My informer told me Kim Namjoon will leave for Las Vegas tomorrow. He will go alone, and his business trip will last a week." Jae Chul was intrigued by the information and thought it would be a perfect time for him to accomplish his plan. A wide evil smile slowly displayed on his lips.

"You did a great job, Kang Bujang. I chose the right person to be my assistant. I want you to get ready because we have a big mission to achieve."

Jae Chul immediately informed Han Si Woo about the matter, and the mafia leader did not hesitate to share his intention with him. Little did he know Jae Chul had already arranged another plan to ruin his.

.
.
.

"I know you're not going to like the news I have for you," said Namjoon when they sat on the sofa in their villa.

"What is it? Did anything bad happen?" Aera questioned her boyfriend.

"No, nothing bad happened."

"So, what are you trying to say to me? Don't make me nervous." Aera was desperate to find out what her boyfriend was talking about.

"This is about my business," Namjoon went on. It wasn't easy for him to let him in on the news.

"And?"

"They wanted me to go to Las Vegas to settle some issues with the supplier," Namjoon explained, and Aera smiled, feeling relief.

"I thought something bad was going on with your company."

Namjoon took a deep breath before letting out a long sigh.

"I don't want to leave you, baby. Not for a single second." Namjoon said as he pulled her into his embrace, expressing his sadness about being apart from her.

"It is important because it's about your business. I will be fine," Aera tried to convince Namjoon as she comforted him by brushing his back gently.

"But I'll be gone for a week," he replied exasperatedly.

Aera loosened her hug around Namjoon and looked at him. He was obviously upset with the situation. Area herself could not deny she felt sad for being apart from her boyfriend. Still, she tried to be optimistic and keep a positive attitude, reminding herself he needed to leave because of his responsibility.

"Everything will be okay. Time will pass quickly. I'm not going anywhere. I will be here waiting for you to come back to me," Aera stated with the sweetest smile, but Namjoon didn't know why her words left a deep misery in his heart. He let out another deep sigh as he pushed back some hair that covered her forehead before kissing them.

"Promise me you'll wait for me until I return to you," he said, pecking her lips.

"I promise."

The next day, Namjoon was getting dressed while Aera did the last check on his luggage in case he forgot to pack any important stuff he would need later.

"Baby, this is the third time you have checked on my luggage. Don't worry, I already packed all my belongings," Namjoon said as he turned away from the mirror, smiling at her while putting on his tie.

"I just want to make sure you packed everything you need," Aera said, marching towards him, "Let me help you with that."

Namjoon simply watched her; his smile grew wider every time her brows furrowed while doing the tie. When she finished the tie, she brushed off the nonexistent dust off it and the dress shirt.