NINE

Aera POV

I woke up when I heard voices coming from outside of the room in which I was kept hostage

I woke up when I heard voices coming from outside of the room in which I was kept hostage. The sound of men chatting and laughing rang through my ears, but I was in no mood to pay any attention to them. My head was hurting as I rubbed my eyes, sitting in the middle of the bed. I glanced at my watch, showing it was 9 o'clock in the morning. Suddenly, I missed the freedom I had before when I spent my mornings at my favorite coffee shop.

"Eomma, please help me," I muttered to myself as my tears slowly streamed down my cheeks.

After some time, I heard a knock at the door. I quickly wiped my tears away and moved to the edge of the bed, being horrified at what would come for me soon.

"Ahnyeonghaseyo, Miss Han. We meet again," A man entered the room, followed by an unknown man to deliver me breakfast and new clothes.

I recognized the first man as the most polite one amongst all the men, I had met so far. Yet, I still doubted if I should trust him as it was clear that he was part of the group responsible for my misery.

"Don't be afraid of me. I will never hurt you," The tall man flashed me his sweet smile, taking a seat on the bed next to me. He glanced at the man who was waiting for him at the door, signaling him to leave the room. He looked very kind, with no visible intention to hurt me. I had a feeling that he was the only person I could ask for help to get out of this awful place.

"What is your name?" I bravely asked him, looking up at his face.

"My name is Kim Seokjin," he replied with another smile that warmed my heart.

"Seokjin, can I ask you where I am? Do you know why they had kidnapped me?" I asked him all the questions that I needed to know the answers to find a way out or at least some peace of mind.

"Miss Han, I am sorry, but I can't tell you where you are. All I can tell you, for now, is you are the key for my boss to take his vengeance on your father," he explained to me sternly.

 All I can tell you, for now, is you are the key for my boss to take his vengeance on your father," he explained to me sternly