THIRTY SEVEN

He fluttered his heavy eyes as the morning came, making him realize that he was still breathing. Namjoon touched his dry lips; his throat was begging for drops of water.

"Boss, you're awake!" He turned his head to his side, finding Jimin was standing next to him.

"Was I out long?" He asked, feeling dizzy due to the drug lingering in his body.

"All last night and today too," Jimin replied to the leader. The latter could see his loyal man looked exhausted.

"What time is now?" the leader asked, still confused about his surroundings. "It's almost 12 pm., boss." Jimin glanced at his wristwatch.

"Can you get me something to drink? I'm so thirsty," the leader begged, gulping down his saliva.

"Okay. And I will call the doctor to check on you."

Jimin walked out of the room, and a few minutes later, he came back with a glass of water in his hand. The doctor and nurse were coming in shortly after, escorted by a few clan men.

"Why do we have bodyguards here?" Namjoon inquired of Jimin as soon as the doctor and nurse were done the medical examination on him and had left the room.

"Seokjin hyung ordered them to do so. You were in danger, and your rival will not stop hunting for you if he finds out that you are still alive." Namjoon nodded at the dancer, knowing that his safety was their priority for now.

" Namjoon nodded at the dancer, knowing that his safety was their priority for now

"I've called Seokjin hyung and the others to tell them about your condition. He will come to visit you on his lunch break."

"I want to see Aera as well. Can you please tell Seokjin hyung to bring her here?"

"Okay, boss. I will let Seokjin hyung know."

The clock was ticking too slow for Aera. After Seokjin informed her that Namjoon wanted to see her, she kept pacing the room. Her hands were sweating, and her heart beat so fast. She looked at the little box on the table, and she decided to bring it along with her. She was sure that the box was essential to the leader.

"Miss Han, are you ready to leave?" Yoongi asked as soon as the assassin opened the door.

"Yes." She glanced at the mirror to check her appearance.

"Seokjin hyung is on his way to pick us up," Yoongi informed her with a smile on his face.

"Should I change my clothes?" She suddenly asked Yoongi as the man chuckled when he noticed that she looked nervous.

"No, you don't have to. You're pretty," he reassured the girl as he reached out for her hand and escorted her out of the room.

At the hospital, Jihyo came to pay a visit after hearing the news about the murder attempt on the man of her dreams. She rushed to the reception counter when he saw Jungkook was on his way to meet in.