FIFTY- TWO

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, SELF-HARM, SUICIDAL THOUGHT, AND MENTION OF ABUSE.

Aera was frozen in place. She was unable to move her legs as she observed the unknown men standing on both sides of a woman lying on the table. Her hands and legs were tied, and her head was covered with black cloth.

Aera's eyes wandered around the room. Why was she still trapped in her dream? What shocked her the most was the sudden appearance of Han Si Woo in front of her, holding an axe. He had an evil grin on his face as he looked at her. He ordered his men to remove the cover.

Aera's throat tightened, and she vomited before she could stop herself. Jihyo's face was ruined as her mouth had been stitched shut, but she was still alive. She could hear the heavy and rapid breathing she exhaled through her nose. Han Si Woo laughed and raised the axe in the air, ready to chop off her head. Her body was broken, ravaged, and limp as she closed her eyes. She begged for mercy in silence.

A few seconds later, Aera heard a loud whack. Her eyes widened as she saw blood splattering from the table and splashing all over her arms. The head was no longer there. Aera's screams filled her ears, and she was sobbing uncontrollably. Her wails were filled with pain and fear. Han Si Woo laughed at his daughter and said, "You've killed her!"

"No!! I didn't kill her!!" Aera yelled back.

"She died because of you! It's all your fault!" the menacing man roared.

"No!!!"

Aera awoke in a cold sweat, the blurred scene of gore and dying screams from her dreams haunting her mind. She was struggling to breathe. The pressure in her heart was excruciating. She gasped, then sucked in a deep breath, but choked instead. Her whole body shook as she gagged several times. Her nightgown was soaked with her sweat, and her skin itched. It felt as if a thousand bugs were moving underneath her flesh. Aera scratched her skin terribly until she was startled to see blood. She was covered with blood.

"No!" she cried, grabbing her head and pulling at her hair. Her scalp was hurting and burning. Her vision was blurred by tears as her heart beat so fast inside her chest that her rib cage felt like it would explode. Her body was on fire, and she believed she would die soon. She pushed aside the comforter and stumbled out of bed before collapsing on the floor. There was no more blood on her hands when she looked down. She closed her eyes and shook her head, breathing heavily. She clenched her teeth as a searing pain shot through her skull. Her breathing was rough, and her chest was squeezed tightly. She felt suffocated. She opened her eyes and looked down at her hands again, only to see blood- Jihyo's blood.

Aera rubbed her hands over her dress, attempting to get rid of it. She heaved, painfully bending forward. Snot ran down her face, and tears streamed down her cheeks like a waterfall, weeping hard and falling to the floor.

"Jebal... help me..." she silently begged whoever was listening. She began crawling towards the door, unsure of where she should go. She made it to the door despite her blurred vision. Aera pushed herself up and unlocked the door. She stumbled outside and collapsed again at the doorframe. She dragged herself to the living room, unable to stand. Her hard sobs filled the hallway, and tears continuously ran down her cheeks.

The room was dark, and she could not find anyone. She forced herself to stand up, grabbed the railing, and walked upstairs with all the strength she still had in her body. Her face reddened as her heart clenched tightly, and her lungs fought the air she inhaled. She slumped again as she approached the final steps. She choked on her breath as she mustered the last of her strength to stand and walk to the nearest door she could find.