SIXTY

"Hwejangnim, I have some news for you," the manager announced as soon as he walked into the chairman's office.

Jae Chul gave him a glance before returning his attention to the document in his hand

"Is it good or bad news?" he inquired, flipping to the next page of the document.

"I'm afraid I have bad news, Hwejangnim." The manager was not pleased when he heard Jae Chul let out a deep sigh.

"What is it this time?"

"I discovered that Han Aera and Kim Namjoon are in Japan, and she accompanied Namjoon to meet Mr. Kisuke, Japan's biggest weapon smuggler."

"So, Namjoon now allows her to get involved in his dirty business as well?" Jae Chul was evidently irritated by the idea.

"Yes, and for your information, Mr. Kisuke has previously done business with Han Si Woo." The news didn't surprise Jae Chul. Han Si Woo's bottom was near the top.

"I have to admit that this young man is brave. I'm impressed. I don't have to put in much effort to bring that old man down when Kim Namjoon is already doing such a good job."

"However, it enrages Han Si Woo because his daughter wholeheartedly supports Namjoon, and I'm truly worried for her safety," the manager said.

"I'll take care of it. I'll ensure that neither Han Si Woo nor Kim Namjoon harms her, or it will be the end of their lives."

Jae Chul had to admit that the vengeance between the Kim and the Han was massive. They competed, and Kim Namjoon no doubt began nibbling at the edges with the goal of destroying Han Si Woo and his entire business. The Korean underworld had a large purse, but it only went to Kim Namjoon's wealth. Jae Chul could sense that the evil old man was gradually losing his position in the underworld business without him acknowledging it. When the time of realization would come, then he would desperately try to reclaim what should have been his from Aera. Jae Chul must step in before any of them hurt his sister, or he will never see her again.

"You can't do that, Han Sajangnim. It's against the law," the young attorney said in an uneasy tone to the old, evil man. Jae Chul froze on his track when he heard the words. Han Si Woo was in the middle of a meeting with an attorney when Jae Chul arrived, and he had overheard their conversation. Fortunately, the secretary was not at her desk, so he used the opportunity to eavesdrop on them.

"Nobody will find out about it as long as you keep your mouth shut, and I have this document. But never, ever betray me because you know what awaits you." Han Si Woo allegedly threatened the attorney. Jae Chul had no idea what they were talking about, but he was confident it had something to do with Aera. Jae Chul quickly retreated from the door and sat on the sofa in the waiting area when he heard footsteps approaching him.