FIFTY-EIGHT

Jae Chul was getting ready for work when the manager knocked on the door of his temporary room early in the morning.

"What brings you here so early today, Kang Bujang?" Jae Chul asked, looking at his reflection in the mirror while knotting his tie.

"Kim Seokjin just called, and he confirmed to me that Kim Namjoon accepted your invitation, Hwejangnim," the manager reported. Jae Chul nodded and put on his coat.

"However, the attorney also stated that he would come with his girlfriend," the manager continued, prompting Jae Chul to look at the latter. Unexpected goosebumps spread over his body at the announcement.

"She will come too?"

"Yes, Hwejangnim. Do you want me to make a reservation for them?"

"Hmm..." Jae Chul had no idea why he was so nervous, even though he had met her already. Unsure he could face her with Kim Namjoon by her side, he was afraid that he would be unable to stop himself from hurting Kim Namjoon for what that evil man had previously done to his sister.

"Just let me know when they arrive," Jae Chul instructed the manager as they left the room together.

Namjoon and Aera were getting ready to meet with the owner of Eva Country Clubhouse for lunch, but neither of them spoke as if a chilling spirit accompanied them. Aera knew her boyfriend was upset when he found out about the encounter she had with the owner of the golf clubhouse and did not tell him about it, but the meeting had happened in a flash and had been entirely unexpected. She had just remembered about it when Seokjin mentioned the chairman during breakfast earlier today. Namjoon's jealousy bothered her as she had done nothing wrong. She still sat on the dressing table, putting on light makeup while glancing at her boyfriend, who was putting on his sleeves and buttoning them up. Namjoon was about to open one of the closet doors to retrieve his tie when Aera approached him and pulled a red wine tie from the closet.

"Let me help you," she said, but Namjoon quickly took the tie from her hands.

"I'll do it myself. You should quickly put your dress on, or we will be late to meet your Mr. Nice-Guy," Namjoon remarked, unable to hide his jealousy anymore. Aera had had enough of Namjoon's ridiculous assumptions, so she walked back to the dressing table and wiped the lipstick off her lips with a wet tissue.

"I'm not going," she declared as she removed a shirt and shorts from the closet. Namjoon sighed and immediately regretted what he had said to her.

"I already told you we're going together."

Aera shook her head and gave him a stern look.

"No, I shouldn't go with you because we will end up arguing about him because of your silly jealousy. That bothers me, especially since it is your birthday today," she clarified before turning around, struggling to unzip her dress. Namjoon walked towards her and held her waist, causing her to jump slightly at his gentle touch. Namjoon pulled her back against his body, hugging her from behind. He could tell that her body stiffened as she protested to him.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to upset you, but I can't always control my jealousy," The mafia leader admitted, his chin resting on her shoulder.

"You'd better start learning to control it from now on. And, most importantly, you must learn to trust me. I love you, and it would never cross my mind to cheat on you with another man," Aera grumbled to him. Namjoon turned her in his arms so he could look at her.

"I'm sorry for ruining the day. I promise you that I will never do anything like this again." Namjoon kissed her before pulling her into his embrace and saying, "I love you, baby."