Chapter 2

Jason's POV

     I kept running, almost tripping as I made my way down the long hallway. The shadows stretched out to lick my feet as I passed by them. I turned the corner, only to come to a dead end.

    "No..." I whispered. I heard a deep raspy breath behind me. Shaky, I turned around to face my fear, counting the three pairs of eyes that shined dully at me...

     "No!" I jerked awake, taking ragged gasps of breath. It was only just a dream. I sighed and sank back into my mattress, my heart hammering against my chest. Dillan flew to me, nuzzling my neck. I sighed and stroked his head.

     "Yeah, I'm ok." I told him. He looked up at me with a squeak. Right, I have a job to do... I swung my feet over the side of the bed, forcing my aching body away from the soft resting place. Jeffery oinked at me as I pulled out a carrot.

     "Oh? Do I have competition?" I chuckled before giving it to him. Dillan flew off of my shoulder as I opened my door, in time to see a flash of metal.

     'Sir!" I called, summoning the soldier back. He was taking heavy breaths, as if he was running.

     "General... Jason." He gasped. "Urgent... Village nearby... Destroyed. We... found a child... sir." I widened my eyes in surprise, passing him a glass of water before whisking past him.

     "I'll tell General Sky. You rest and catch your breath." I commanded, breaking into a run.

Ty's POV

     I flew past a cloud, stretching my wings as far out as I could. My outline was visible on the blocky surface of the cotton-like matter. Never had those in the End. I registered. I suddenly spotted movement from next to a tree. My gaze automatically shifted, attracted to the scrutiny worthy motion.

     A young girl, about my age, darted between trees, her sobs drifting all the way to my ears. Good thing it's night, or else she would have spotted me. I went into a vertical corkscrew, diving to the ground and landing neatly. I quickly shooed my dragon half away, my tail, wings and purple eyes hidden.

     Then I deliberately snapped a branch.

     She whirled around.

     "N-no." She croaked, backing up. She tripped on a tree root, hitting her head pretty hard. Holy Ender! I ran to her, checking her breathing. Her heart's beating was still tenable, and her breathing was normal. but there was something off about her scent... With a soft grunt, I picked her up bridal style, summoned my Ender and shot upwards, disappearing into a cloud bank. Sky will need to hear about this...