Chapter 26

I kept running until I lost all of my breath. I finally stopped by the beach of an ocean, wheezing painfully. I leaned on my knees for a moment before crouching down, spraying water on my face. I just- I just need a break from all of this. It's too much. I'm supposed to be in class, competing with classmates for the highest grade, warming up to the teachers (in a friendly way, not... blech!) so they aren't mean to me, getting all A's and get my majors and minors. I'm supposed to get my Writing major, and then go to a college for my minor. I was planning on taking Psychology before Herobrine fancied me, did you know that? No, I thought not!

     "I'm beating myself up now." I muttered, shaking.

     "Good, you deserve it."

     "Go away, NightShade." I snapped.

     "I can't. I'm you, remember? My friend will have fun wiping your existince from all of the dimensions!"

     "Wait, dimensions? All of them? There's more than one?" I asked, but her prescence was gone. I heard unsteady footsteps, and I turned around.

     "Samantha..." Kittin tripped and fell forward. I lunged forward and caught her in time, resting her head on  log.

     "Kittin, what's wrong?" I asked, checking her breathing. It was shallow, uneven.

     "My head hurts..." She wailed. Then she suddenly jerked sideways, screeching.

     "Help!" I screamed, shooting up into the air. I tried to search for our base, but we were in the middle of a beautiful birch forest.

     We were alone.

     "You're never alone, Psychopath."

     "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath, do your research and learn more about references." I shot back. An arrow suddenly pierced my wing, sending me crashing to the ground. I let out a screech of pain as I heard my wing snap. I desperately tried to pick myself up, but the attacker placed their foot on my injured wing. Exhausted, I managed a glance at her.

     She had yellow hair that reached to her shoulders, grey ears and tail similar to my own, but she also had grey wings. She was also wearing a long sleeved yellow dress, black leggings, and a small dragonfly jeweled clip in her hair, pulling her bangs behind her ear.

     "NightShade?" She asked. I just stared at her in confusion, then she started smirking.

     "Ah, I see. you're stuck in between. Don't worry, Ender, you'll be gone before long." Something slimy covered my mouth, making me scream, but muffled. A cluster of squids circled me and started to pull me to the water. The girl winked at me.

     "See ya. I'm Xaena." One squid slipped a blue amulet over me, then I fell into the water.

     "Have enough fun yet?" NightShade sneered in my mind.

     Oh shut up! I snarled back, struggling to escape the squids' grip. I looked down to give them a piece of my mind when I saw how deep and dark the sea was.

     That's when I passed out. Stupid Phobia!