Chapter 21

Jordan's POV

I woke up with a groan, turning away from the bright light. I tried to say something, but I couldn't speak.

"Subject 7 is awake." A voice announced.

"Not for long." A sudden pain pricked my neck, making me yell in pain. I struggled to move, but I was pinned. The pain spread through my body, making me grit my teeth in pain. I started writhing, snarling at my captors.

"He's unstable!" Somehow, the metal chains on my wrists and ankles snapped, and I fell on the floor, groaning.

"Evacuate the building." A male voice snapped. My eyes clamped shut as I jerked sharply, knocking a wall down. I tried to scream, but it was deeper than normal. I managed to sit up, the pain beginning to fade.

However, I bumped my head on the ceiling.

"Ow!" I snarled, snapping my eyes open. My head was through the ceiling, so I was looking through a different room.

"What-" Movement caught my eyes. I turned to see what it was. A reptilian tail curled in the air met my gaze. I lowered my head, getting a better look. "What am I?" I asked myself. I turned again to look at a window, spotting my faded reflection.

I was not myself. Unless my reflection was lying, which I doubted.

I was a dragon.

Ian's POV

"Ugh..." I slowly opened my eyes, feeling exhausted. I slowly pulled myself to my feet, rubbing the back of my head. The castle was destroyed. There was only a few parts of the former structure standing. I picked my way through the rubble to Seto's room. That was where the most damage was.

The window was smashed to bits, and you could hardly tell where the walls once stood. I noticed a potion lying on a shelf above the broken window. Curious, I tried to reach up to it, managing to touch it before it shattered on my head. Startled, I stumbled back as my head started hurting. I grunted in surprise, clutching my head as my vision changed from blocky to smoothed out. I slowly opened my eyes as it changed back to normal.

I remembered... Everything.

"She's not yours!" I heard a voice snap from somewhere. I stepped through the wall, facing the forest.

"Ty?" I pulled out my sword and started running.