Chapter 40

(Italics are thoughts and mental conversations are that with quotations marks btw, and I also realize that some characters have been unmentioned, so I'm bringing them back. Sowee, but in my defense there are a LOT of them. :/ PLEASE REMIND ME OF WHO'S MISSING AFTER YOU READ OR THE STORY WILL HAVE HOLES IN IT AND WE DUN WAN DAT and I know that Kat Felix and some others have been unmentioned, like Mitch Jerome and Bodil but I'll get to that, and again, I'm sowee plz forgive meh!)

Ty's POV

"Uh, guys?" I turned around to see Jordan walking back with a dragon following him, its head dipped low like a scolded puppy.

"Jordan? What's wrong?" I asked, sheathing my diamond sword. While I was out collecting resources, I had found a really good cave system, with lots of diamonds and budder. I stiffened at the dragon however, but something told me that it wasn't what it seemed. How?

"Really? You're asking that?" I gritted my teeth.

"Go away, Enderlox. You've caused enough trouble to last a freakin' year."

"Good."

"So who is this?" I asked. The dragon's muzzle sank lower as I spoke, which sparked curiosity. "Wait, this isn't-" The realization hit me. "Oh no..."

"What, what is it?" Adam asked, looking between me and the golden dragon. Jordan edged protectively closer to her, patting her muzle cautiously.

"Uh, yeah." He said sheepishly. "It-er, she- is." My head started swimming, and I stumbled back a few steps.

"Ty?" Seto stopped me from falling. "Ty, what is it?"

"S-... Samantha." I rasped. I slowly pulled away from Seto, turning to Wildstar. "Please tell me that there's a way to change this." I pleaded. She tipped her head in hesitation, light dawning in her eyes.

"Maybe." She rummaged through her pockets before pulling out a potion, murky purple. "There might be the side effect of nausea and weakness for a few days though..." I snatched it and walked over to Samantha, who's muzzle was scraping the ground by now. She whined as I unplugged the potion, and I looked into her gold cat-like eyes.

"Do you trust me?" I murmured. Her eyes dilated, and she nodded. "Then open up." She opened her jaws, revealing her huge maw. I took a deep breath before leaning forward and tossing the potion in. I jumped back as she snapped her jaws shut, swallowing.

"Now we wait." Wildstar said, ignoring Seto's narrowed glare as she sat down. Kayla, who had remained quiet for the entire time she had been with us, spoke up for the first time.

"I don't get it. What do you have against dragons? What do they against you, King Sky?"

"Adam." Adam grumbled, adjusting his sunglasses.

"They uh... well, uh... we dunno." Kittin stammered, stretching her wings. "They hate us."

"Obviously." Dan agreed, nodding. "But why? Yeah, we do not know, we just don't." Ant, who had also been quiet, nodded.

"Yeah, and I also think that since the sun's rising, we should get a move on?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Not until Samantha's back to normal." I glanced over at her, seeing that she had fallen asleep. "How long will that take, by the way?"

"Not much longer." Wildstar chirped, munching on a piece of mutton. Amy and Ashlyn looked over at each other, hesitation in their eyes.

"Wh-what if she's stuck like this?" Amy questioned.

"She shouldn't." Wildstar assured her. "Don't worry, the both of you." Ashlyn nodded sheepishly and kept quiet.

"And if something happens to her?" Taylor grunts. "What if she looses her sanity after this?" I narrowed my eyes.

"It won't come to that." I growled. She gave me a doubtful glance, but I kept my gaze, and she looked away. "Anyone else?" I barked, summoning my wings for effect. "Huh?" No one answered. They were smart enough to keep their mouth shut by now.

"Good for them."

"Shut up, will you!?" I almost said that out loud, whoops.

"Ty, she's back to normal." I leaped to my feet and ran over to Jordan, who was embracing the knocked out girl that I was crushing on. I squatted next to him, and he moved Samantha over to me. I cradled her head, staring down at her fondly.

"Samantha." I gently murmured in her ear. She mumbled something under her breath before her normal colored eyes fluttered opened.

"Ty?" She croaked, cracking a small smile. I sighed in relief.

"One of these days, Samantha Verona, you're going to give me a heart attack." I griped. She chuckled weakly, sitting up and facing me.

"At least it lets you know you're alive." I chuckled, nodding in agreement.

"uh, hmhm!" Jason cleared his throat. "We got a god to catch and all, sorry to ruin this moment, very touching."

"He's right you know." Enderlox taunted.

"Oh my God, shut up!"

"Hm, lemme think about that... nah!" I gritted my teeth at his smartness, standing up and helping Samantha to her feet.

"Quentin, you still like water?" Quentin blinked.

"Uh, yeah why?" I took a small gulp of air.

"We could use a spy for the squids to keep them in check?" He sucked in a deep breath before answering.

"Yeah, I can do that."

"Good. And Kermit?" He straightened from his slouch, surprised.

"Ya?" He asked.

"You're good at keeping hidden right? We need someone to find out where Herobrine is in the OverWorld." He nodded, looking a little proud at being tasked with a mission.

"Will do." He asserted.

"How sweet that your friends trust you."

"Well, it's something you don't have." I shot back mentally.

"... It's... It's nice, the way the girl trusts you." This comment flabbergasted me.

"Huh?"

"Oh yes... she will be essential to my plans, that girl. Seems a shame you've taken such a fancy in her."