Chapter 4

Seto's POV

     I took a deep breath and pulled back from the brewing stand, the potions bubbling at me. I just created another batch of healing potions. We were running low, or at least, they were. I didn't belong here, none of us did. They were under my protection, but I've only found Sky, Ty, Jason, a few new people, and now Samantha.

     I sighed crossly. How am I supposed to do this if the Prophecy says otherwise? They still have a job to do. Truthfully, there was a second part of the scroll. I had neatly torn it off with magic, I couldn't bear for Samantha to have read it...

     I gave into the guilt and unbuckled it from my belt, unraveling it and allowing my eyes to scan the writing:

... Tragedy will strike one

a fate one cannot outrun

tail wings and ears

all will shed tears

no longer full of life

fallen by a knife

the one of Ender

life he will render

his true powers emerge

the hybrid halves shall purge

sacrifices must be made

to be saved by the jay

as a Sorcerer will pay

they should not be unafraid.

     A knock on the door made me jump in surprise, immediately rolling up the scroll and attaching it to my buckle. I swished part of my cloak over it right as a guard opened the door.

     "Sir Seto?" He asked. "General Sky said that he needs to speak with you." I dipped my head.

     "I need to drop these off at the Hospital Wing." I gestured to the potions.

     "Of course. Take yer time." As soon as he left, I ran to the other edge of my brewing room, pulling back a curtain and revealing a lone brewing stand. It had one potion attached to it, its hue all colors at once.

     "I'm almost done." I whispered to the room. "Then they'll have their memories again."