Chapter 37

Samantha's POV

I winced again at my throbbing head, wishing that it would go away. It's been throbbing for awhile now, but I don't know why. Maybe it was whatever that squid had injected in me?

I quickly faked my pain with a yawn as Seto passed my resting place. We were finally within view of Herobrine's castle, and I was tired. We were all resting, but I was under Seto's careful watching eyes. He seemed to sense that something was off, that something was going to happen...

I snapped out of my daze when Adam sat down next to me.

"Hey." He said quietly.

"Hey." I shivered, even though we were by a small makeshift fire place for the night, as Adam held up a blanket.

"Here, you need it more than I do." I scooted closer to Adam as he placed the blanket around me. Grateful, I nuzzled him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Th-thank you." I murmured, closing my eyes in a peaceful relief. My headache seemed to disappear as the sun began to set, releasing prime colors in to the sky.

"It's so beautiful." Adam gently commented. I stirred from my warm embrace and followed his gaze to look at the sun.

"It looks like a splotch of blood." I replied dully. He scoffed.

"Come on; look at the big picture." His hand was outstretched, seeming to touch the sky. "Look look look, the sun is orange and the color of butter, only part of the sky is blood red, the bordering of that is orange as well. Then the night time sky is such a beautiful violet." As he finished, my eyes began to paint the portrait he had created.

"Wow." I breathed, my headache long forgotten. I turned to Adam with awe shining in my eyes. "You described it so... So beautiful." I noticed him blush a little bit.

"You think so?" He asked, his grin fading. Uh oh, serious Adam?

"W-well yeah." Why was I so nervous all of a sudden? Why was he nervous? Did we do something wrong? I briefly wondered where Ty was when I remembered that he was out hunting for food and materials with Jerome, Mitch, Jason, Ian, Nathan and the girls. It was just me, Adam, Jordan and Seto.

"Uhm..." I tried to speak, only for my voice to falter as I stared into Adam's eyes, drowning in the golden pools of light.

"Samantha..." Adam stared back at me with almost a hunger in his eyes.

Then the unexpected happened next.

He leaned forward and kissed me.

Surprised, I didn't move a single bit, only widened my eyes in surprise as I subconsciously kissed back. I didn't know what to think, except that Adam was here, kissing me under the rising full moon in Minecraftia. Then I finally pulled back.

"Adam?" I asked. He had covered his face with his hands, groaning. I gently touched his elbow. "Adam?" I said quietly but firmer. He finally looked up slowly with pleading eyes, which were back to a golden brown.

"I... I don't... I-I don't know what came over me." He pleaded. "Please don't tell Ty." I sucked in a breath.

"I can't lie to Ty though." I answered.

"You don't have to lie, just don't mention it." His eyes were so wide with guilt that I was tempted to give in. "Please Samantha, I didn't mean to kiss you, I swear. It was like I lost control..." He looked so lost that I gave in and sighed.

"Alright fine, but if he directly asks, I'm not improvising some twisted facts." He sighed with relief when I added, "Just in case, we best not be too close together for awhile, ok?" He nodded before standing up.

"Thanks." As he left, I thought about what he said, about seemingly loosing control of himself.

"Was it Skybrine's doing?" I wondered aloud. Of course, no one answered, so I hugged the blanket and frowned into the fire, mesmerized by the dancing flames.