Chapter 14

Samantha's POV

    Sky looked shaken up as well.

     "Sky?" I asked, waving my hand in front of his face. I understood his shock, things that we had seen going against everything we knew. Seto spoke up.

     "You know. You know what 'You and your little 'King' are like me, as well as the astronaut.' means." Sky nodded wordlessly, turning around away from me. I looked back and forth between them,

     "Wh-what am I missing?" I asked. Sky- no, his real name's Adam- dipped his head sadly.

     "I've never let anyone know this, but..." He slowly pulled his glasses off, dropping them to his side and turning to me. Both me and Seto gasped at the same time. His eyes... his eyes were a golden white, very similar to Herobrine's eyes. His shoulders were slumped miserably.

     "Yeah, but I didn't want this." He blinked and looked away. "I'm a monster." I slowly came up to him, hugging him. Surprised, he hugged me back.

     "You are not a monster, just like Ty and..." I trailed off in realization. "Oh my budder." I pulled away from Adam. "The astronaut- Jason!" I whirled around and ran past Seto.

     "Samantha!" Seto chased after me as I sprinted up the stairs to Jason's room, flinging the door open. Jeffery oinked in alarm, trotting away from the doorway. Jason wasn't here.

     Dillan swooped down from the ceiling to land on my shoulder. I pet the cute little bat on the head.

     "Hey you, where's Jason?" I asked him. He squeaked excitedly before flapping past Seto and Adam, who had his glasses back on, and flew out the window. I followed it the edge, watching it twist back in flight to me, making a series of bat noises.

     "What is he doing?" Adam asked. Seto sighed crossly.

     "So we hiked up here for nothing?"

     "Why would Dillan know where Jason is?"

     "Well maybe-"

     "Stop." They both stared at me.

     "What-?" I signaled for him to stop talking. At first there was only silence. Then a scream cut the quiet wind.

     "Jason!" Adam threw a nearby rope over the edge, securing the end to the stairwell before sliding down from the window. Seto followed him down the rope, while I shrugged to myself and hopped out the window, landing before Adam even hit the ground. I ran ahead, not waiting, and ran into the direction of the screams.

     "Samantha watch-" A sudden raspy breath cut into the air, and I heard something explode behind me, narrowly missing me. I whirled around to face Jason, sort of.

     Three heads?