Part 26: Becuase of Buck

Kisses

-

-

-

--Erica's POV--

I decided to cover Maddie's shift today so she can spend the day at Buck's side. She fought me all morning until I texted her I was already at the call center. Family before anything else. That's how I see it. It has been a little over 24 hours with him in a comatose state. I hated going to bed without him there and waking up to a cold bed. Eddie stopped by early this morning to ask how I was doing. I went with him to drop off Chris at Carla's house.

-

-

"Have you heard anything about him?" May asks, sitting down at the table. I grab a coffee cup from the cabinet and fill it up, leaving enough room for the cream. I turn around leaning against the counter trying to gather my thoughts, "He's still stable but unconscious."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" she asks.

"No, but I do wanna talk about that little boyfriend of yours. What was his name again?" I ask. She blushes covering her face in her hands.

"Daniel, we went on a date the other night. He's so romantic and my mom likes him," She tells me.

"I thought you weren't gonna tell your mom?"

"He surprised me with a picnic and my mom opened the door," she says.

"That's so cute, I hope I get to meet him," I say, walking back to the tables with her. She tells me Maddie and I will be the next ones he meets. I feel honored.

- - -

Josh let me out early meaning I can go visit Buck. I drive to the apartment and change into comfy clothes. Then grab my phone seeing a text from Eddie telling me he is outside. I smile locking up behind me before going downstairs. I see him sitting in his truck with Mickey in the front seat. I open the back door seeing Christopher.

"Hey, buddy," I smile, getting hugged immediately as I climb into the truck. Eddie pulls out of the garage and starts heading towards the hospital. I'm happy they are here. I hope Christopher will be okay, "Are you excited to go back to school?" I ask him.

"Yeah of course he is. He will get to see all his friends and play at recess," Eddie says making Christopher laugh happily.

"I miss being excited for school," Mickey says thinking about the good old days.

- -

"Has anything changed?" I ask Maddie as she moves from beside his bed. She shakes her head as we all stand their looking at him lying there. She gives me a hug before walking out of the room. I can tell this is killing her.

"I'm gonna go make sure she is okay," Mickey says walking out of the room as well. Christopher sits down in the chair and looks at Buck, "Is he gonna be okay?" he asks. I pull up another chair next to him and hold Bucks hand, "He's getting the best help around. He's gonna be back playing videogames at your house in no time," I smile.

"He would always lose," He laughs. How does he manage to be so positive about everything? He's such a happy kid. I hope he never loses his spark.

And that it won't be becuase of Buck.