(Angst) Trust me not : Songfic

Loki stood before the tesseract with the grim smile that stood on his face when he first entered earth. Though, he couldn't deny the sort of guilt bubbling in his chest. The way his chest starts clenching whenever he finds something relevant to you.

With those thoughts, he felt the door slowly creak open. He knew it was you, trying to win him over once again.

"What are you doing, dear?" You ask, slowly stepping closer with your hands intertwined behind your back. No weapons, no powers, "Aren't you tired?"

The concern in your tone made him want to cry. But there was no time for that, "What are you doing here?" He turns around, "I don't think that you were invited,"

You stepped in front of him, pressing your hand to his cheek. Only for him to lean away and for you to let out a sad smile.

"Here you go again. Pretending like you love me," He stopped the tremble by his bottom lip, "When just beneath the surface you're convinced that you're above me,"

"Dig deep into the past. I've never been one for doing things half-assed," You didn't care about the tesseract. Only him.

So you let out your hand.

"If I'm here to save you, I'll be here forever. Take my hand. I'll be your knight in shining armor," You had this deseprate look on your face you couldn't hide.

He almost gave in. He wanted to, but there were much more consequences if he did. One of them, were losing you.

He laughed, slapping your hand away, "You think you're a hero?" He asks, making you take a step back, "And they'll tell you, you are. So stoic and handsome!" He mocks, "And you've come so far,"

"You think you're a villain," You start calmly. You would be lying if you said tears were starting to form.

Desperation.

"But I know you're not," You continued, "Under all that angst and anger is a beating human heart,"

Is a dying, broken heart.

You squint your eyes in sadness when he used that sentence as retort, it made you want to cry seeing him in pain. It was your weakness.

"Hey, what about those promises you decide to break?" He asks, taking a step closer to you.

"I'm sorry!" You shout, trying to get away from him. His anger wasn't resolved well, from what you've learned.

"What about those monsters you let prevail!"

"I'm sorry!"

"You never came to save my world," Your back leaned against the counter, "What about me.."

What about us?

"I recognize thay you're upset," You watch as he fixed his coat, clearing his throat, "I know they did you wrong!"

"Oh! You know nothing of me,"

"Trust me. Please, believe me," You clasped your hands together, "This won't stop the hurt for long,"

You lay both firm but gentle hands on his shoulders.

"We don't need to end like this. Look me in the eyes," His eyes could show truth that wasn't meant to be revealed. It was how you could refer the lie to truth.

He sighed, "Here comes the hero complex,"

"You call yourself the villain but we know it's a disguise," You weren't the only one who had a say in opinions. For he talked the same time as you, saying;

"I know I'm the villain but you're the one who lies," He narrowed his eyes at you to stop the sadness trying to form through his eyes.

His chest tightening once more when he saw how desperate you looked. Just to have him back. To hug him once again. To hold him. Comfort him.

"So you're back at it again," He removed your hands, "Twisting and manipulating every word I've said," He slowly walked towards the door.

"Come on, you know that's not true," You turn to see him by the door, "I was trying to help you. Let me help you!" It wasn't a scolding tone. More like I wish you would believe me type.

"You are not my hero!" He shouts, making you fall silent, "You don't know how it felt,"

How what felt?

"What else could you do with the cards that I've been dealt," His tone went quieter.

"You are not the villain," You said in a small tone, wrapping your arms around yourself, "You once loved me back,"

He took a heavy sigh, holding his breath. He opened the door wide, "Stand up, get out. Sometimes things don't go as planned,"

~~

Originally sang by Natalie Chavez.

Check out their platform. :)

-🌻