(Fluff) Dandelions

Today was a special day -- atleast, it was for Loki -- for he had something planned. For you, it was just a day with a date with your loved one.

Your dates with him wasn't the usual fancy restaurants with expensive meals, those were rare. You two shared that it was preferable somewhere private, somewhere memorable.

You've been dating for years now. Everyday was as exciting, it never changed as the years gone by. But today, there was going to be a huge change.

"You first, my lady," He lent a hand, making you roll your eyes with a smile. He helped you down the car, revealing a beautiful land of flowers.

"Dandelions?" You brushed your hands through the flowers to feel it's puff surface.

"And peonies," Without you knowing, he had walked back to the trunk to take his bouquet just for you.

"Aw," You cooed, taking the bouquet wrapped in your favorite-colored fabric, "What do peonies mean, again?" 

"Urm.." You tilt your head at his sudden panic. You knew he was trying to hide something.

No matter how hard he tries to be subtle you could always figure it out with time. 

He intertwined his hands with yours and walks over to a plain field, "Forget about the peonies, why don't we start lunch?" He dismissed, pulling you along with him. 

You felt at bliss with your surroundings, how peaceful it is. A picnic blanket to sit on and a basket with food. 

Honestly, with both of your magic you would be fine without it. Seeming you could just pop up anything out of nowhere. 

"You found this place online?" 

"This field is for sight-seeing so it's regularly visited," Loki handed you your favorite foods, smiling at your sudden glow at seeing them, "So..I borrowed some moeny from Stark to reserve this place for a while," 

"You know, we can't just keep borrowing money from Stark," He laughed, "Seriously, he might get annoyed with our repeated taking," 

"I promise you, this is the last time. This plan was just a rush," Loki explained, making you nod along. 

"Alright," You handed him a paper plate, "Come on, eat with me so we can make wishes on these dandelions," 

"Excited much?" He teased. 

"Of course I am, I haven't seen these in a while," You bumped his shoulder, "Besides, you never know which one might come true," 

~~

You picked up two pieces of dandelions. You could take some more later, you were excited to make your wish. 

And Loki was as excited as you. But also, nervous, "Are you alright?" 

"I'm fine," He has been lying repeatedly about his state over and over again. You knew there was a problem with how worried he looked. He was restless since the last few days. 

You let it slip for now, "Alright.." 

"You go first, darling," He insists, holding your wrist to level the flower right in front of your mouth.

You shut your eyes, a smile forming on your face as you wished for something. It took you a few seconds before you decided to blow the puffy flower. 

As always, it was a beautiful view. It broight memories back to your childhood when you would do it with your friends. You loved to watch how far they could go. 

"What did you wish for?" 

"It's a secret," You scrunched your nose, "It's your turn," 

"I have one request," He pushed the flower back when you trued to hand it towards him, "I need you to blow the flower for me. Close your eyes while I wish, okay?" 

"Is this a set-up for some prank?" You gave him an annoyed face. 

He shook his head, "I wouldn't hinder this precious moment between us," He pouts when you gave him a face signifying you still didn't believe him, "It's a suprise," 

"..I like surprises," He pushed you to face away from him. 

"I know," He smiled. 

"This better not be a prank, mischief," 

"It's not," He kissed your cheek, "Now, close your eyes," 

You did as he said. 

If this really was a prank, this was just showing the amount of trust you were adding onto him. 

"I wish.." Loki's voice whispered, "And I really hope it comes true," You laughed, centering the flower close to your mouth, ready to blow, "You say yes," 

You furrowed your brows, turning around hurriedly with confusion written on your face. 

"You didn't blow the flower," 

Your hands cover your mouth. Wide-eyed turns into glassy ones. Your heart jumped out of your chest at the sight of him on one knee. 

"Tell me, I'm not dreaming," You joked, your voice was wavering. A grin plastered on your face almost immediately. 

"Y/n, you are the most magnificent woman in my life. I'm thankful for your determination to help others -- to change my ways -- and to love me continously no matter what. I feel honored to be with you and spend my time with you. I couldn't handle waiting any longer after these years of pure joy. Y/n, will you-" 

"Yes!" 

You wrapped your arms around his neck, practically pushing him onto the ground out of happiness. 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't be patient any longer," Loki laughed, hugging your figure, "I love you so," 

"I love you too," Once you both had sat up he slipped the ring on your finger. 

It felt foreign. Sudden changes weren't your favorite, but this one, you might just tolerate it. 

"You wanna know what peonies mean?" You nodded once your lips had seperated with his lips, "It means marriage. I just wanted to give you some hints," 

You spent almost the whole day by the field. From now on, your favorite flowers were dandelions. 

~~

A change from all the Angst. 

-🌻