(Fluff) Just one drink

"And where the hell do you think you're going?" A voice made you stop in your steps, "Turn around and tell me, Y/n," He commands, making you slowly twirl to meet his face, a cheeky grin that made him roll his eyes.

"Look-" You open your arms, doing different hand motions as you explained what you were doing, "I was trying to take out the garbage and.." he cocked a brow, "A..thief..stole it?"

"Is that why you're wearing a fur coat?"

You adjusted the said, fur coat.

"And heart-shaped glasses?"

"Okay, Mr. James Thompson-"

"It's Jack."

"Since when did you have such a smart-ass mouth, hm? You don't believe me when I say that there were garbage thieves that robbed me of my trash?" You spoke quickly, striding over to him.

"No."

"I'm-" You recoiled, taking a second. You honestly couldn't defend yourself any longer, "I'm just so tired and I'm trying to gain some energy."

"So, you're sneaking out where?"

"To Stan's bar!" You wave your hands in the air, he gave you an unimpressed look, "Stan personally invited me, it would be rude not to."

He sighed, "Without me?"

You wrapped an arm around him, a wave of relief washing over you, "I take it back when I said you were a smart-ass. I forgot you were my bestfriend for a second."

"Whatever, you idiot. I'll go ready the car," He ruffled your hair before moving on to do as he said.

~~

"You said you were here to get drunk, not check out every guy in the bar- Is this even a bar?" Jack inquired, making you shrug, "Don't misuse your eagle eye to find a one night stand."

"Shut up, Jack," He laughed, "And besides, the women are more dashing to these eagle eyes," You looked around to see fancy decorations everywhere. The people were even wearing something fit for balls, "This bar is probably for the-"

"Rich?" He cut off your sentence, "This Stan guy you're talking about probably wanted you to wear something fancy as well."

"Didn't give me a reminder," You groaned suddenly, making him give you a questioning look, "I'm so tired with this job. Peggy either feeds me with information each second or not give me anything at all!"

Without you knowing, someone had sat beside you. Jack was already waving towards the man.

"And I'm so tired with all this fighting man," Jack made a zipping motion to his lips, "I can't keep killing these stupid ass-"

He covered your mouth before you could rattle something else. You might be a little tipsy, "Sorry- she's a boxer. Killing is just..she's very dramatic with her words."

"Aha, don't worry," Your eyes widened at the smooth voice, it brought butterflies to your stomach. You sent Jack a knowing look, "I assume Peggy is her mentor?"

You turned around, Jack's hand still covering your mouth as you nodded with a smile he couldn't see.

"I'm Loki Friggason," He lent a hand, "You are?"

"Jack Thompson."

You removed his hand off your mouth to shake his hand, "Y/n L/n, it's nice to meet you," Loki smiled, "Haven't heard of you from Stan before. He usually tells me about his friends, especially if he wants me to meet them."