Episode 83: Closer

"Why did you left after we slept together?"

Those words echo through Jennie's ears for a long time because for her everything was happening in a slow pace after Jisoo asked that.

First, her skin started to go pale. Like a vampire was draining her blood till she didn't have a single drop left in her. Second, she tried her best to not look affected by it because if she did, that would be admitting that they slept together and she doesn't think she's ready for that.

"W-what?" She tried to play it cool but she stammered.

Jennie crossed her arms to her chest so the latter wouldn't noticed she was shaking a little bit.

"Don't play dumb. I just remembered that night and I know that you remember too." Jisoo said with a strong voice. She didn't want to sound butt hurt or something like that but she kinda is.

Jennie felt that she almost choke with her own saliva. Still, she tried to deny it.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." Jennie said and cursed under her breath for continuing stammering.

Jisoo let a deep breath escape her mouth. Patience was slipping away from her.

"You left your bra in my room." Jisoo deadpanned and Jennie blushed while trying to keep a straight face.

Words. Something Jennie is finding hard to find. Is like the cat got your tongue. Which infuriates her because she has always been perceived as the cat.

"Are you gonna continue to pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about?" Jisoo asked since the girl wasn't talking.

Jennie knew there was no escaping this. She has been very distant with Jisoo since that night because she didn't want to trigger any memory in Jisoo, even though she wanted to be closer to her every day.

"Since when did you remember?" Jennie asked back. Not denying anything anymore.

Jisoo nodded, understanding that the girl wasn't denying it and they were slowly starting to talk about it.

"I just remembered a few moments ago." Jisoo said. Not exactly trying to get into details but Jennie is very sharp.

Jennie hummed but it was more like a scoff.

"I wonder what you were doing that triggered your memory." Jennie said knowing what Jisoo probably was doing with her brother.

Jisoo didn't care about that comment and tried again with her first question.

"Why?" Jisoo asked again. Knowing that Jennie understood what she was asking again.

This is when Jennie really thought about it. She weighted her options. Maybe she should lie and say that she went to puke all the alcohol out of her system. Or maybe the truth? That's not really what she wants to do but something tells her that if she lies, their friendship would be affected.

"I thought that I was doing you a favor." Jennie let out and the latter furrowed her eyebrows.

So she explained better.

"I didn't want you to wake up next to me and then say it was a mistake. Then, receive another lecture of how I shouldn't get under your pants or something like that." Jennie said trying to avoid eye contact, but Jisoo was studying carefully her face. Like she could memorize every detail.

After a few moments of silence.

"Was it?" Jisoo asked her carefully while walking close to her. Till they were face to face.