Episode 17: Stay

[Jisoo POV][Fast forward]

It's almost the end of our first semester. I can feel all the stress and anxiety that comes to the end of the semester. Sometimes it's hard to breathe when all you do is worry about being perfect. I need to prove to my father that leaving me by myself wasn't a mistake. That I can take care of my own and do excellent in college.

He made it clear that if I didn't excel his expectations, I will have to go back with him. That's why I am trying to be the best nerd around here. The girls sometimes tell jokes about me being an uptight nerd.

The thing is that they don't know the reason behind my nerd mode.

I am grateful that even though they try to get me away from the books, Lisa sits with me like the best study partner that she is. I have grown closer to her and she opens with me more. Even more than Rosé. Rosé is too protective of Lisa and that's why Lisa goes to me. I protect her and give the best advice I can, but I let her make her own choices.

Lisa is our happy pill.

Even Jennie is closer to her now and have this weird relationship. They would go out to the bar and be 'hunting' like they call it. Sometimes if Jennie gets a pervert around her, Lisa would approach her and pretends to be her girlfriend. They are the ones that are getting laid. Meanwhile, Rosé and I are going dry like a desert.

I don't have time for that even though I wish I had.

Rosé and I are pretty much together always. Since Lisa is dancing, 'hunting' her preys or saving Jennie's ass. I have learned that the chipmunk is too attach to the monkey and I had help her with that. It is good to have an amazing friendship, but being too attach isn't good. You don't want to be let down by people.

Lisa knows she's been more outside of the house. That's why when she comes home, she will bring sweets to the chipmunk and spend the rest of the night with her. To make up for the time lost. Lisa loves her so much and guilt from not being around eats her.

Lastly, Jennie and I are in the best friendship. She is extremely open with me. Too much for my taste. There are something's I wish I didn't know about her lovers. She is very caring to me and when I'm eating a book, she will make an actual dinner for me and remind me to eat. She is  wife material when she wants to be.

"Hey, for what class are you studying?' Lisa ask me and I get startled since I was alone at home. Or so I thought.

I had to stop for a minute because my heart almost goes out of my chest. Is she a ninja?

"Jesus Lisa! I almost die of a heart attack. How did you get in here?" I reply to her while steading my poor heart.

"Oh sorry, I know where the spare key is and I let myself in." she said casually while sitting beside me.

I can't believe her. Like if that is something normal that everyone does. You should knock and wait for someone to open the door.

"Jennie show me where it was a few weeks ago since I didn't want to wait for her in the car while she gets ready. She takes too much time." She added while taking the book from my hands.

"You are too comfortable around us. What if I was naked or something?" I said to her in disbelief. I hope she gets my point.

She should knock or announced she is opening the door since she already has done this before, apparently.

"Then I would have been blessed by your beauty." She said while smiling and I can feel the blush in my cheeks.

It's no use to reason with her sometimes. So I hit her head and take my book from her hands.

"Ouch! My poor brain cells. How can I study with you now, If you are killing them?" she said while rubbing the spot where I hit her.

I shake my head and sigh.

"Stop whining and help me with this." I said while pointing to my Spanish book.

Lisa is multilingual. So she help all of us with Spanish. That class was easy at first but know it's a challenge. I though first year was supposed to be easy.

It turns out, it isn't.

"Okay, but learning curse words in Spanish is much fun than this." She said while getting a blank paper and a pen.

...

[Lisa POV]

After a long session of studying with Jisoo I went home. That girl really wants to be excellent in everything. That must be tiring. I get my A's but I also have a life. When this semester ends, I'm going to make sure she gets out and have a little fun.

I got home around 12am and when I enter the house, the first thing I saw was a chipmunk sleeping in the living room. She is hugging the pillow so tight like it could escape from her anytime.

I approach her and tap her shoulders but there's no response. I try again and still nothing.

I let out a sigh and bend down to lift her up from the couch. Once she is in my arms, I start to walk to the stairs to get to her room. Once I get inside her room, I place her gently in her bed. Making sure her head is resting in the pillows and covering her body with the sheets.

Then, I sit beside her and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. I lean and gave her a goodnight kiss on her forehead.

I went to move out of the bed when suddenly I feel a grip on my wrist. I turn around to watch her and she still is with her eyes close.

Was she sleeping all this time or fake sleeping?

I get close to her and wait for her to speak or something. Then she whisper something that only you can hear if you are close enough.

"Stay."