The Touch of Pain

"So, what do you need from me?" Venti was curious why they searched him.

"Though I doubt that you came knowing that." he pointed at (Y/N).

"I did not come to help a guy who doesn't know my name, no."

" Given you recognize us, Paimon doesn't believe we need to explain any further. Of course it's about Stormterror!"

"Storm...?

"Cut it with the amnesia act! Aether, show it to him." Aether nodded and picked out the blood red gem. it floated over his palm, well one difference. It was shining in the same color as the blue sky.

"Oh! Isn't this-"

"What?!" Venti facepalmed when Paimon cut I'm off to be a Drama Queen "The crystal has been purified? When?"

"The last time I checked, the crystal was filled with impurities."

"It reacts to Visions."

"All?"

"Yes."

"Dvalin, he... the anguish he feels... has brought him to tears..."

"Tears?" Paimon seemed confused. Venti took up another crystal, but this one was still filled with the red cloudy color.

"He was once such a gentle child. Now so full of rage and suffering... I also came across a Teardrop Crystal. Can you purify it?"

"I can try." Aether answered.

He took the tear shaped gem in his palm and held it in front of him. It slowly rose and got brighter and brighter, slowly becoming blue. So beautiful. Once the process was done he gave it back to the bard.

"Ehhh?"

"You really do have some wonderful abilities... someone like you is going to end up in a bard's poem. Ehm.

Oh a hero so bright, should he stand in the light.

Thought stand in the shade, and you'll be met by a blade...

Alas... I've really not the time to compose a melody for you at this moment."

"What a boy... your friend is crying, and you start to sing out of gratitude once a stranger clears your gem?"

"Oh shush you." he looked back at Aether. "Anyway, even if Dvalin is not taken down, hos life will still wither away in the breeze... he'll burn himself out in the flames of anger..."

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Thank you for that, and you for purifying the Teardrop Crystal. But I have my own plans for what is to follow."

"Ohhh, and what would that plan be?"

"Seeing this tear has brought to mind a friend so dear."

"Friend?" #Paimon_Interfering_In_Life.

"Heh-heh. One must be going."

"Hey! Where're you running off to?!"

"To the "Symbol Of Mondstadt's Hero. Bye-Bye~!" He ran off.

"Care to give us any clues, Scarlet~?" Aether smiled slyly.

"Oh hush you. No, this is up to you two. You need to get used to Mond if you want to find it's Archon, after all."

"Ten, let me think." Aether thought for a good two minutes before he snapped his fingers.

"I've got it! Windrise, right?"

"Go see for yourself. If he isn't there, that crazy bard, then sit by the roots and think again."

"Something where familiar with his voice though..."

"Well, he is a bard. You might've heard him when you pass Diluc's bar. I heard he plays there a lot, and sometimes I get to hear his drunk voice while i sell cookies."

"I do think we should keep an eye on him."

"You better do with anything. Just name a person and I'll tell you why you should beware for them."

They reached Windrise much faster than they thought.

He was there, by the tree with wind blowing his hair as he sighed, black and turquoise locks in his boyish face.

"Oh, what are you doing here? Though I was just wondering if you would happen to follow me."

"I want to know more about the Anemo Archon."

"You speak of the god of Anemo, Barbatos? He already disappeared form Mond a long time ago. Liyue and Inazuma's respective gods of Geo and Electro are still present, but Mondstadt has seen many a moon since they last saw their own god. Why do you wish to know about the god of Anemo? Does it have something to do with Dvalin?"

"Oh......Ahhhhh.....It's because gods...."

"Someone told me about Dvalin's past."

"Just how is it that everyone sees Stormterror? I'm quite curious."

"Just like a Fatui Harbinger, but this time, the Harbinger fooled the people enough to make them all fall for their lies. I am not saying anything mean, but that is simply how."

"I see. Please tell me more, Sca- ehm (Y/N)."

"I have not been back in a while, so some people seems to be mad though..." he looked at the sky, and the others turned around as well.

"That is an Eye of the Storm. It is weak on the ground and some of its attacks causes it to stay at the ground for a couple of seconds. Hit it then with ten times your normal attack strength." Aether nodded, grateful for (Y/N)'s great tips.

It was weak, so weak that the conversation started again after just a few minutes.

"Now then, you were saying someone had told you about the dragon?"

"A librarian named Lisa."

"Ah, I must say, quite the scholar, that Lisa. Dvalin was poisoned, causing him to be brainwashed by sugar-sweet words, hating Mond. It was never his fault, it happened during a fight to defend Mondstadt, actually. He got taken over by the Abyss Mage."

"What did you say?"

"A creature working in the Abyss Order, higher up than the normal members. Known for their magic and blindly following the Abyss Order. The Abyss Order is an organisation that despise humans and gods, longing to eliminate them to make a 'perfect' world. Hilichurl's often work as their dumb, non-thinking weapons."

"Thank you."

"The smell of the wind in the branches really heals the curse laying upon me, blowing it away like dust. Much better."

"So, how did you get poisoned?"

"Because I tried to talk to Dvalin, but was... interrupted." Aether took a long time waiting for Venti to tak again before he understood his words.

"That was... me?" he pointed at himself.

"Yes! It was you!"

"I have definitively missed something here..." (Y/N) sighed.

I posted another short chapter...

WAVEEEE IN THE CHAPTEERRS *slapped

So, I am not happy about writing a short AND crappy one this time, but I wanted to post soooo-

I hope you like the story so far!

1,081 words, 3 pages (✿◕‿◕✿)