Scarlet

The walk back to Mond didn't take too long, but the city seemed like a whole new place once they arrived. Even though it was night, the sky was clear and you could see the moon. There walked people on the street on their way home, and from one street roars from the drunkards could be heard. But the three travelers did not notice much of it. (Y/N) had seen it countless times before and Aether and his guide was to tired.

They finally came to (Y/N)'s little place she rented and got in. Everything had been blurry for Aether after visiting the statue at Windrise, and he barely noticed anything but the mattress the (h/c)-haired girl pulled out from a closet. Before she had even placed it properly he fell onto the bed with the fairy-like child right after him. All she did was smile and cover them in a blanket before she too went to bed.

Aether found himself on something he hadn't slept on for weeks - a bed. Or, well, a mattress. Beside him Paimon snored while muttering in her sleep about cookies and grilled fish. He looked the other way and could see the back of the fully dressed girl that rented the house. Right now, she was brushing her hair.

(Y/N) noticed that Aether woke up. She just did not have the need to turn around to him until she had properly fixed her hair. But when she had, the boy looked surprised that she had catched him staring at her.

"Good morning. Slept well? Let's have breakfast before Paimon wakes up. You might want to eat too." the boy with the braid (so poetic hehe) rubbed his eyes and cover his mouth as he yawned. Then he stretched and finally, after that, he decided that breakfast sounded good.

"Come to the kitchen." and in the kitchen Paimon's dream was found.

Loads and loads of pancakes, jam, butter, sugar, fresh berries and pieces of apples could be found on the table.

"Yesterday was long, so I thought you might be hungry. Take as much as you want, I have already eaten." the red dressed girl sat down and Aether noticed that she didn't have a plate in front of her.

"Thank you." he said with his groggy morning voice and smiled. After he had eaten a couple of pancakes a tired Paimon came and sat down and quietly took a big plate and filled it with a stack of pancakes and put a LOT of jam on it. Then she dug in. Paimon was QUIET.

"Good morning, guide." she nodded as an answer. "Is there something wrong? You don't talk that much." Paimon's cheeks tinted pink, flustered about how the girl acted as her mother. (Y/N) the mother and Aether the annoying older brother. She quietly snickered.

"No. I'm tired." she said. (Y/N) smiled, and this time it almost seemed as her eye did too.

"I understand. Eat some more fruit and you will become fully awake. I have some cold juice too if that would make you feel better."

"Oooooo, juice!" Paimon is back. (Y/N) put a strange purple juice on the table. It shined in the morning sun.

"What's that?" Aether asked with a researchers curiosity.

"Juice from a fruit that does not grow in Mond. But in that Nation they don't have apples nor sunsettias, the climate doesn't fit growing them. The fruit is called Lavender Melon and is from Inazuma. Last time I was there, I sold products made with Lavender Melon. You can cook the flesh and it gets a rich flavor and an unique consistence. It is somehow very mild and sweet as juice from the raw fruit, however." Paimon took a big glass of it and drank it all in one go. Her eyes shined when she put down the glass.

"Wooow~!" she said with stars in her eyes.

"Glad you like it. Eat up, you two. You still have to see the knights."