Fifth Feast

Aether walked the white streets, the streets ever so famous for the view.

The whole nation of Amicitia consisted on one thing - the city itself.

The roads from the latest nation he had visited was long and leading from closest water body, and all the way from where that nation ended, the white path kept going all the way to the walls of ocean water. Fish swam around him as he watched the beautiful light shows on the white street cast by the sun playing in the water. There was not much more than sea life around him, as the way he walked was abandoned from mortal company, except from the fish swimming just beside him. But, the place was not dead, that was clear. Far away, children's voices could be heard and from time to time a few wagons would pass, all filled with glass transporting out and fruits and vegetables in. Everyone driving would greet the golden haired boy while passing him, but soon their sounds disappeared behind the curving ways in the water, all avoiding shipwrecks and other obstacles found on the bottom of the sea.

After an hour or two, Aether was positive he was close to his goal - the voices were all louder, now it was not only the water transporting the sound but the air too. Not only that, more and more wagons passed him the closer he got, and eventually kids ran past him while playing, greeting him hurriedly before continuing their games.

Then finally, he saw the city itself in front of him, the sunlight ever so bright in the place surrounded by an ocean. He had entered through one of the seven roads leading from Amicitia, and ended up on a backstreet close to a big building in which the sound of cracking fires rared, and just outside it a load of sand was placed, sometimes carried inside by the workers in the house. By one Aether's contacts from all over Teyvat he had gotten a map with the city of Amicitia as motive, and what he looked at in the moment seemed to be the glass fabric, the main product made in Amicitia and the biggest source of income. After he had found out he was close to it, he took up his map and figured out how to get to the plaza, before putting away the piece of paper and walking to the main square while taking in the surroundings.

In five years time the nation of Amicitia had been rebuilt and finished, now seen as one of the eight nations, along with an Archon. The population had increased a lot since new adults tended to come there since a place at the House of Lost Children was always needed and in turn you'd get somewhere to sleep and food. Along with that, Amicitia had the only adoption center in Teyvat, and a center where the children's opinion mattered just as much as the adult's. Amicitia had really earned itself its name.
Amicitia, the nation of acceptance and equality.

The boy had finally found himself to the main square, but that didn't help much when he didn't see where he was. The reason? The square was absolutely crowded.

He saw a pillar close by and decided to go rest there, maybe climb it to get a good look around, so he approached it. The pillar was of the same white rock that adored the streets, although a lot older it seemed. Beside it, a girl rested while leaning against the pretty patterns of the pillar. She occasionally looked up to the big statue of a bird resting on top of the pillar, and had a small smile playing on her lips. Her wavy hair was let loose in the ocean wind and a dark red dress covered most of her fair cinnamon skin. She couldn't be much older than twelve, yet her eyes seemed to have seen the whole world already. Aether became stunned by her eyes, and thus thought to ask her about the crowded area.

"Why is this place so full of people?" he asked and the young girl looked up at the boy. He had matured since his last years there, but not so much growth when it came to his length, so he was not that much taller than this girl. Maybe that was the only reason she replied to him, because he wasn't big and frightening. or maybe because she recognized those all-seeing eyes which looked like those she would see in the water on sunny days, or in the mirror under her bed.