Trust and Red Light

"Why did you steal the Holy lyre?"

"Paimon told you already, it wasn't us!"

"It's okay, I can tell him with a performance."

"Just hope it'll be believable."

"And will I get paid~?"

"Your reward will be anything from five Mora to the Holy Lyre. Be sure to not put a chord wrong, bard."

"Let me put up a show then..." and Venti plays the story of the dragon who got poisoned.

"What did I just witness... This is high-class information. Why did you let me know?"

"Why? Hmm... perhaps the winds are changing. What say you, Master Diluc?" Oh please help, I need to get away from here within this year...

"Interesting. Give me some time. I will organize some contacts. Aether, as a knight, you are no suspect, and (Y/N) is a little trusted in Mond since no secrets come out of her "shy" mouth, to be honest... and no one talked about more than two thieves."

"My tricks and experience never fails me. Works for me to be trusted. But I am of no Nation but the one I know and knew before you did."

"Yes, yes. However, the bard better stay in here."

"No worries, I like taverns!" Bard-batos seemed to like the idea and Mr. Muratan sighed.

"Let's meet here after the tavern closes." (Y/N) and Aether with his food walked outside.

"Well, the tavern will close pretty soon. It's already late and the tavern has its fair share of customers. I won't sell cookies tonight, I might draw attention. What will you do Aether?"

"I don't know... maybe I'll buy some snack and walk around?"

"Oh, sounds like a plan to Paimon! Will you join (Y/N)?"

"No, I think I've made up my mind. I'll train in the woods."

"See you later then!" Paimon waved at her as she walked towards the gate.

(Y/N) POV

Seems to be time. It will get harder to do this as I travel with those two, but better company for a while than all alone, right?

Seems someone's here. I hear them very well, but I must admit their sneaking isn't that bad.

(Y/N) turned around as she heard a voice.

"Ow!" It was a familiar one.

"Aether? Why are you in here?" he got out from a couple of bushes and scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

"I wanted to see you train, but I didn't want to make you hinder yourself by me being in the way..."

"If you want to see me train, then ask or hide your presence better."

"Got it!" he held up his hand in a salute position, and then (Y/N) noticed why he had said ow.

"Your hand..." she clutched the fabric on her heart, trying to look away from the familiar red substance.

"Ah, seems I hurt it while sneaking on you- are you okay (Y/N)?" he asked worried. (Y/N) was now on her knees, but as Aether tried to get close to her, he heard something shocking.

"Get away from me, you curse!"

"W-what...?"

"N-not you... that... oh help me..." her eye flew wide open.

"Close... dangerous... away..." the wind blew on her face of horror and Aether finally understood.

Under her side bangs were her eye. No shine like the other, but this one... It was red. With no pupil. The same red as her nickname.

Blood red. Ruby red. Scarlet red.

"What should I do to get you out of this?" he asked.

"Nothing... you... hurt..." she held her head in a tight grip, eyes staring into nothing.

"Will blood help?"

"Don't..."

"Here. Have some of mine." he reached out is hand with a red scar on it.

"D-don't..." she tried to jump away, but her red eye shined in a more red color.

"It's okay. You told me some of the things people might do and honestly, they don't seem that bad. Maybe dangerous, but I can handle it." he reached his hand closer to her.

She silently and carefully took his hand. She watched it for a second before she brought it to her mouth. She took some of the blood and put it in her mouth. Her eye then seemed to be less ruby-colored.

She carefully bit the blonde's hand, not to hurt him but to press out more blood. She took more, and again, and again. Until her eye was in a less bright red. Like a lighter wine color.

"Don't." she said once again before she gathered the energy to talk again.

"Don't do that. I will not hurt you, even if just once a month, I will not."

"How will you fix it otherwise?"

"Fatui."

"How do they solve the problem?"

"Well I can search up their targets, sometimes I can buy from them and well, sometimes..."

"Oh really?"

"They're Fatui. Don't blame me. The only Nation guards I have a problem with is Snezhnaya with their Fatui."

"But you really...?"

"Just some piece cut open by the arm, no big injury. If they don't piss me off. I'm dangerous in those times, which is why I won't allow you to do that again."

"Yes yes. I get it. Hey, the sky is so dark, think the tavern is closed?"

"At least by the time we get there."

"Let's get going then." they walked in silence, Paimon accidentally taking a nap on (Y/N)'s head while the travelers were quiet.

"You know, your eyes sure is pretty seeing them at once. The (e/c) and red together is truly beautiful." Aether said and gave a smile to the girl beside him, slightly tinted cheeks.

"Thank you." she said with a sweet voice and a smile that felt as close to real he had ever felt.

Alright. Todoroki lost his place, (Y/N) is now replacing him and the eye.

Don't know why I did this, just felt like it.

I never plan anything with the chapters, and look where that led me! Into a HUGE character development!

Congrats for placing trust into sweet braid-boy!

Sorry if (Y/N) (e/c) is red, Just think of a brighter red and no pupil...

1,034 words, 2.7 pages ( ̄▽ ̄)