The Truth Of The Milk

First came four treasure hoarders, some small people who hadn't received proper training, but that didn't matter much.

(Y/N) dashed forward with inhuman speed with scythe in hand, ready to attack. She placed herself in the middle of the Hoarders and awaited them to come closer, then swinging around in the air, cutting them down fast. The last harder was one who shot arrows, and he continuously backed away while (Y/N) approached with no feelings detectable in her face. Lastly, when only a little away, the hoarder backed into a rock wall, and that'll be his last memory if he survives.

Then came the next flood with Treasure Hoarders, a little better than before. They didn't take long time to strike down, but they didn't want to give up either.

Last flood, the leader also attacked. (Y/N) hurried the process up by simply slashing with as much speed as possible, but still trying to let the leader stay conscious so he could talk later.

"Ah, how nice to be able to lash out, pity it didn't last... like killing a bug." then she turned to look at the leader. "I might not be appreciated by the Adepti, but the Guizhong Ballista is something I would love to protect, and hate seeing damaged. Be lucky if you can walk home." the girl's eyes were colder than Snezhnaya's Archon...

"You saved him a little pain..." Aether sweat dropped, happy they could still question the man alive.

"They really didn't know who they messed with!" Paimon exclaimed proudly.

"Troubling ourselves over this rabble is not worth the time." Zhongli told them his opinion. "We should focus on our contract with Qiqi."

"K. So... I'll kill him?" (Y/N) raised her scythe and let it down before anyone could answer. "Huh. Easy job-"

"Wah! (Y/N)! Paimon's eyes are traumatized!" the little girl said chocked.

"Don't trouble yourself with it. He might've killed you if he got the chance. Anyway, we still have seen no Cocogoat."

"A search using Guizhong Ballista revealed no significant life forms nearby, save for the usual wildlife. What's more, a contraption built using Adepti technology should have no trouble detecting an "Adepti beast" as Qiqi put it..."

"Which means..." Paimon muttered.

"Repairing this was a complete waste of time." Aether concluded.

"Paimon wouldn't go that far. We did something positive, right?"

"We won't solve anything while standing here and racking our brains. let's return to Bubu Pharmacy, explain that we could not find a Cocogoat, and review our next step."

"Pity... I really don't want to disappoint that child, but that's nothing we can change now, huh?" (Y/N) sighed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"We did our best, and that's what counts." Paimon supported.

And so, the travel back to Bubu Pharmacy was one with positive words with disappointment hidden in them.

"But (Y/N), you really seem fond of Qiqi, Paimon wonders why."

"Oh, she's such a sweet thing, always used to be as careful as possible with everyone and everything. She kind of reminds me of a younger sister, so I guess I am protective of her? She didn't deserve to die, as it was an accident, and so it was made up for."

"I didn't know Qiqi died in an accident." Aether said sadly.

"It was truly disheartening, especially as the mistake was made when protecting Qiqi." (Y/N) sighed. "But let's get on a better side, we're almost there."

"Hi Qiqi." Aether waved.

"You are back." Qiqi's eyes lighted up.

"Forgive us." Zhongli looked down. "We were unable to fulfill our end of the contract. We found no trace of the Cocogoat Adepti beast of which you speak." the girl shook her head.

"Ah, what a disappointment. Don't worry about it. But I feel very disappointed."

"Aw, poor Qiqi... why does Paimon feel so guilty all of a sudden?"

"Qiqi, do you have any other clues?" Aether asked, hopeful to find something they missed.

"Cocogoat milk is tasty. So tasty. Much better than normal goat milk. Only an Adepti beast could make such tasty milk. I'm sorry. I have a poor memory. I cannot remember the name of the milk. That's why I wrote it down. Where did I put it..." Qiqi started to look around for a note saying the name of Cocogoat milk. "Ah. Here. This is the name. "Coconut milk"." she said, and then the rest grew shocked, feeling fooled.

"I owe you both an apology." Zhongli turned to the trio. "I hastily agreed to what appeared to be a contract with this zombie child, when perhaps I should have undertaken further due diligence."

"Never mind Zhongli, you didn't know. As the Liyue proverb goes, "All things are random, and... so how are you supposed to predict anything"."

"All things are random, and never fully decided. So how are one supposed to predict anything." (Y/N) corrected.

"Literally no one could have seen this coming..." the child continued.

"Excuse me, everyone. Did Qiqi say a bad thing?" the girl wondered.

"Not at all, dear. You see, that's not really how Coconut milk is made..." ad thus, (Y/N) took the job to explain.

"No... Im-impossible..." the girl hugged (Y/N)'s leg.

"It's all right, now you are ready for next time you want coconut milk." (Y/N) patted the girl's head.

"Hm. Someone learnt a valuable life lesson today, then? Thank you all for looking after my little Qiqi." a voice was heard behind them.

"Might I ask, who..." Zhongli began.

"Ah, how rude of me. I am Baizhu, the owner of Bubu Pharmacy." Baizhu was a tall man with green hair and colorful clothes, a white snake around his neck, glasses, and a Dendro Vision hanging from his hip.

"Paimon thought Qiqi was the boss... turns out it's some wacko with medicinal ingredients hanging from his neck."

"What a sorry state of affairs... this little mascot is even more of a simpleton than Qiqi..." the worm said.

"Ah! Th-the medicine- the s-snake- it's speaking!" Paimon hid behind (Y/N).

"Nothing in Liyue surprises me anymore." Aether sighed.

"My name is Changsheng!" the snake said angry.

"Excuse her, she's a good girl, really. As for you three... Oh, if it isn't Silk flower!" Baizhu seemed to have finally noticed someone.

"Hi." (Y/N) waved.

"Silk flower? That's a new one." Aether asked.

"I met Baizhu when he was a kid, still learning about medicinal flowers. He thought that Silk flower might be one, but I taught him it wasn't. Then he started calling me Silk flower."

"Fits for your attire too. But back to business, what can I help with?"

"Do you sell everlasting Incense in this fine establishment?" Zhongli asked.

"Everlasting Incense? Why of course we do!"

Hi there, and happy lantern rite! Good luck to you who wishes for Zhongli or/and Ganyu! Already done my wishes, and mission successful is all I say....

Well, I am finally back with some Ruby nicknames, and with addition of sister feelings!

Hope you enjoyed~!

1,186 words, 3.5 pages ᓚᘏᗢ