The Parting

When the night sky had been visible for a good time, it was time to go back to the red-head's tavern.

"You're here." the green bard turned around to greet the travelers with a nod.

"Wait... You're the Honorary Knight?" (Y/N) turned to the voice and met eyes with no one but...

"...Jean?" Aether stared at her, visible surprise in his eyes.

"Good evening. You are the contact, it seems?" (Y/N) answered.

"First of all, I contacted more than one person. Second, she is here as Jean, not as the Acting Grand Master, keep that in mind." Diluc said with a harsh voice even though no one mentioned Jean's title.

"What a surprise. I heard about the Holy Lyre, but I never suspected it would be you. So, the sound of the Holy Lyre can purify Stormterror and turn it to normal... is that true?"

"That's right! Aether is putting himself on the front line to try and resolve this Stormterror issue." Venti seemed very happy about it. "Now that's the Hotshot of the Ordo Favonious I'm talking about. As for (Y/N), we just have to see how much she will participate in..."

"Feels like we're breaking the law though..." Paimon was exhausted.

"Oh, you definitively are." (Y/N)'s answer didn't make the flying child happier.

"I understand this might be hard to believe. But we can ask the bard to play the song again to-"

"I believe you." Jean cut the owner of the tavern off.

"Try and persuade- wait what?"

"I can't think of any other reason for Dvalin's betrayal, given it was once one of the four winds. However, if it was poisoned in the battle over Mondstadt all those years ago... and then corrupted by the Abyss Mage after it woke up - we can't really blame it."

"I agree. Dvalin should have woken up to cheers and celebration, happiness and thank you's... not a cold environment where sweet lies are whispered into his ears..." (Y/N) pitied Dvalin for the things he had been put in.

"But as Acting Grand Master I obviously cannot make such a statement publicly. Diplomatic pressure from the Fatui makes it hard four us to seek a peaceful resolution to the Stormterror issue. People would think I've lost grip on the gravity for the situation. That's why I can only do this in private."

"Hmph." was heard from Diluc. "That's one of the reasons I don't like the Knights of Favonious. What surprised me is that you would believe an outlander so easily..."

"My cautious and meticulous superior, even you trust him. Don't you. sir?"

"I already told you not to call me sir... never mind. We don't often get to work together after all."

"Sir?" Aether asked what was wrong with that name.

"Ah..."

"Ummm..."

.

.

.

No answer.

"Wow! Um... this is really awkward..." Not better Paimon!

"I have a rough idea of where the Holy Lyre is."

"She sure is good at switching topics." (Y/N) whispered to the blonde boy beside her, and got a nod as an answer.

"The conflict between Mond and Snezhnaya stems from the conflict between the seven Nations and their respective gods. The Cryo gods Fatui seems to be after the Anemo Archon's power." Venti seemed to think about the fact that Fatui were after him. Poor Bard-batos.

"So are they going to take over Mondstadt's defense?" Aether wondered.

"Agreed. If the Knights of Favonious publicly prevented an attempt on Dvalin's head, then... The only other way to affect the Anemo god's power is to take the Holy Lyre."

"The number of Fatui that have come to Mond is far from limited." Diluc informed the rest. "I've already managed to... coerce a few reports out of them."

"Diluc has determined that the Holy Lyre is not being held at the Goth Grand Hotel. I imagine they don't want to leave something stolen in a place where it could be so easily found."

"Paimon gets it. If too much of a scene gets made then it becomes a big diplomatic issue."

"Completely right, Paimon. Someone has been listening." (Y/N) praised as the child giggled triumphant.

"Ready to go?" Diluc interrupted the sweet moment.

"I think so-"

"I am not joining until I am of help. Misunderstand me right, I will help whenever needed, but I might be in the way. I do my things in a very special way that I've never seen anybody else cooperate with. If you need me, call out my name. Anywhere. You don't have to shout. Whisper if you can, just do not call me until I am so needed you won't get back to Mond."

"Your'e not coming?"

"Well, not yet. Oh, yes. I almost forgot. I won't come if the bard is calling me and his life isn't on the line, got it Venti?"

"Fineeeee...."

"Not if you need wine. You wont die without alcohol."

"You sure?"

"Positive. Now off you go, good luck." and (Y/N) pushed them all out of the tavern before turning the sign on the door to 'closed'.

Yes. Short. Sorry, I wasn't in the mood

I might skip. A LOT.

I won't write in Aether's POV, that doesn't make sense, so I will fill you all in on what happened during the skip, but the chapter might take some time to write then

Thank you all for the support, I get so happy whenever I see someone read this!

919 words, 2.6 pages <(_ _)>