Off To the Mastermind, Then

A week.

Seven days.

168 hours.

A whole week had passed.

And what had happened?

Barely anything.

Let's see... Aether found out about Diluc being the Dark Knight Hero. Nothing much, all the clues were easy - Pyro Vision, not a member of the Ordo Favonious, Donna liked him and moreover. Nothing that (Y/N) figured out on the spot as she heard of the Dark Knight Hero. Oh well. What more?

Nothing. Until now.

The owner of Dawn Winery, Diluc, had called Aether, Paimon, Venti, Jean and (Y/N) to hear what he found out about Dvalin.

Right now, Aether, (Y/N) and emergency food walked (floated?) towards Dawn Winery.

"I really hope we can help Dvalin." Aether sighed.

"You're weird. Like a magnet drawn to trouble and people and or things in need of help."

"Can't really do much about it, can I? After all, magnets are built their way."

"I guess so..." (Y/N) sighed. "I'm only here to help two old friends and make sure you get away from this Nation sooner rather than later. I want to leave before I've been here for three years. That's kinda my time-limit."

"THREE YEARS!? But then, if you've traveled to all the Nations, and you talk to Venti about being here many times more than one, then... NO! YOU CAN'T BE THAT OLD!"

"Thank you Paimon, I appreciate that you think I look young. But if you knew my age, you wouldn't feel like eating for days. That surprising it is."

"Nope! Paimon doesn't believe you Period." the child looked the other way.

"Umm, sorry to disturb, but we're here." Aether tapped (Y/N)'s shoulder to get her attention. Jean and Diluc had already arrived, now only the Tone-Deaf-Bard, who was part of the reason they were there, was absent

"I apologize, did we disturb you two?" (Y/N) said, not meaning to embarrass the two people in front of her.

"Disturb? O-oh, no no. Happy you made it." Diluc only nodded, relieved that Jean had taken care of the humiliation for him.

"Is that Bard- oh hang on... Tone-Deaf Bard... really not here?" the girl dressed in red sighed disappointed.

"I swear to Khaenri'ah, that bard better come soon..."

"Or else, Red (Y/N), or else?" she heard a light boy voice say from behind her.

"Or your nightmare might be your everyday life."

"No whine in the entire world?!"

"You have a city to protect, and you have to make sure the freedom is guaranteed, yet wine is on you mind? I swear, one day, I'll slap you..."

"Ahaha- N-no need to." Venti chuckled sheepishly.

"Can we start now?" Aether said.

"Please, Master Diluc. Share your research with us." Jean said.

"The Abyss Order... enemies of the human race. Even the underground networks rarely come across any information on them. With that said, it was a bit of a hassle, but I managed to dig up a few clues."

"Really? That quickly? You really are well connected, Master Diluc."

"Come to think of it, Mr. Big Anemo God Barbatos - why exactly do you need the help of mere humans...?" Paimon was curious.

"Ahhh... how do I put it... "The Seven" as people now know them, were once known as "The Seven Archons"."

"Doesn't sound very different to me." Aether said.

"Well, each Archon sees after their Nation, that is their job. But I don't like the thought of what we do. We rule over the Nations. I want Mondstadt to be a free Nation. That is why I wish for it to be its own."

"Maybe someone just got a little too free and too lazy to care..." Paimon teased.

"Aghh... however it may have come to be... I haven't been back to Mondstadt for a long time. Without a doubt, I am now the weakest out of The Seven!"

"And yet you sound almost proud..." Aether sweat dropped.

"You stupid excuse for a bard and god..." (Y/N) face palmed.

"Let's get back to the topic at hand: the common enemy of all mankind." Diluc reminded them all as Jean seemed relieved someone actually remembered.

"We have tracked the Abyss Mage to the vicinity of the winery."

"I cannot stress enough how important it is to not let it escape."

"Let's hunt it down!"

"Yeah, about that... I better not hunt right now.."

"Huh?" Paimon asked.

"Well, the prey would instantly notice my aura and run..."

"Yeah, smart idea, your aura is terrifying."

"No need to agree!" (Y/N) almost got a tick mark and glared at the twin-braid boy.

"Well, see ya then Sca- oh (Y/N)!"

"You seriously got to remember my name."

"We'll get you once we're done." Aether smiled to her. She answered with a smile. Her smiles had gotten warmer lately and almost felt real. Aether hoped they were real too, not only to him. But he couldn't ask, as she disappeared into the shadows.

WAVEEE IN THE CHAPTERS

OK, I know the latest chapters has been short, I just haven't had time to write more... ehe

Then. Into the shadows. Just gonna sing a song first.

I love to write how (Y/N) acts to Venti, being a mean tsundere who actually think of him as a child she has to help... Sweetness!

889 words, 2.5 pages (●'◡'●)