The Story Of Her Life

WHOA WHOA WHOA Chapter 40?! That's a lot more than I ever thought I'd write O.O

To celebrate, a special chapter is here~! /Author Sabami

"You want me to tell you about myself?" he nodded and (Y/N) sighed. "I don't really know what to say... okay, let's start here.

When I was a kid, I lived in a big city. It wasn't as big as Liyue or Inazuma or Mondstadt, but it was nice. People trusted each other and helped. Everyone accepted the people around oneself.

This city was named Amicitia. It was a nice place, and people didn't depend on their god, but if they wanted that Archon would help them. It was a nice Nation and people liked to visit just to feel the peaceful and friendly air.

There was this house, the House Of Lost Children. It was a place for people to live and hangout, work and visit. You could love whoever, be whatever gender, have any background and believe in any Archon or none. You'd be accepted no matter what. In that house you could live, you could meet others, you could talk to feel better and you could work. Those who were old enough and lived there had small chores to do, like clean the windows or feed the five-years old girls. The people working there got three meals a day and had permission to live in the staff-part of the building. In the main building a thousand people could live, and if you had made a crime and got community service as punishment it was almost always there you worked.

There lived so many people in Amicitia, but it all ended.

Amicitia's Archon was the blood Archon, Saphielis. Therefore, some of the other Archons was wary of the Nation, especially the Cryo Archon, Tsaritsa.

Amicitia had connections with every Nation but Tsaritsa's and Baal's Nation. It got worse however. Every person living in Amicitia from Snezhnaya, Tsaritsa's Nation, moved back after order from their Archon. The only ones who stayed are those who had switched to believing and praying to another Archon.

Then how Tsaritsa tried to attack the House Of Lost Children with her Fatui. She failed since that house was the most guarded place in Amicitia in case of a war and a needed hideout. But it just got worse.

How long ago was it? I can't remember. It must've been long ago at least, since I can barely remember how the House Of Lost Children looked on the inside. But I do remember clearly that horrible day. I don't think it'll ever stop playing in my mind.

It was a normal day. Until midnight. I was living as staff in The House Of Lost Children, I was the one people could go to to talk and feel better. In the middle of the night, someone woke me up. I couldn't see who because of the darkness, but the person got me up and then everyone in the staff's building began to run to the court where someone stood.

I had never seen her before, but she was beautiful. It must've been her true form, so beautiful. She had red clothes and pretty hair that shone in the moon light. Her figure was nice and calming but also demanded respect. In her hand there was a big pretty scythe, the holy item of Amicitia. It was big and black with a blood red blade, pretty and decorated with red flowers. That scythe is named Khorne, and her name was Saphielis.

She spoke up to us all, I saw that all of the staff was there. She told us that the army of Tsaritsa, with Harbingers and Fatui, was marching towards the House Of Lost Children with weapons and the Snezhnayan flag. They were looking for war. No mercy.

Saphielis commanded the staff to protect, not fight. Those who could fight good would be on the front, protecting with all their might. The people living there would not get to know exactly what was happening, just that the House Of Lost Children was under attack and they had to hide. Saphielis was pure even to that moment of terror.

Here's the thing. I was amazed by my Archon and in honor of her I had learnt how to wield the scythe. I could g'fight, and I was put on the front line. I fought, and the blood was running in front of the House.

Even the Tsaritsa was there, with her cold look and her aura. She was similar to the blood Archon in the way that they both were mighty, but she was much scarier with no friendly look. She froze people, she sent out her folk without any kind of carefulness, just brute and force. Saphielis could hold them back good though.

I think that most of the Fatui was gone when it happened. Tsaritsa talked to a Harbinger, and then she went right to Saphielis and attacked her. I was close enough to hear what she said.

"You have lost, blood Archon. This city will be ruins, dirt, nothing. And so will you. People will think bad of you, and none of your people will survive."

I got so mad, anger boiled in my veins. I saw red, and I used that anger in my fight. I must've been terrifying. But the bad things didn't stop for the Fatui, because wen I had just taken down a Harbinger, something happened. I got my Vision. Oh, the blood around me shone and the blood in my enemies veins pumped faster and oozed out from them. But it was to late. A Harbinger managed to slip through behind me as I got my Vision, and he used his Cryo Vision to ruin everything.

That war ended with our Amicitia gone in ruins, before the other Archons could arrive. The remains were on fire, and I remember how I walked through it like a lost soul. I watched the House Of Lost Children, its remains of burned tree. All was dead, I was left, only me and my god, and she was gone from sight.

That was when three archons appeared. It was the Anemo Archon, Geo Archon and the Pyro Archons. They watched my fallen city beside me, before I left.

After that moment watching Amicitia on fire, I became a traveler. I took jobs everywhere, never staying too long in one Nation. I remember first time I went to Snezhnaya, it was so so cold so I hid in my big clothes. No one noticed who I was because of the fabric covering me. The Fatui... feared by even their citizens.

I think I got my nickname Ruby not that long ago, by Venti or Barbatos.

Then, I met you. You know the rest of the story."

"Whoa... (Y/N) has such a tragic story. Though she kind of reminded me of how you told me your story in the start. "How long ago was it?" yeah, that sounded like Aether when he told Paimon." the floating food laughed.

"Do you want revenge against the Tsaritsa?" Aether asked (Y/N).

"No, not really. Last time I saw her I understood that she was led by her Harbingers, fooled and like a puppy doing whatever her owner asked her. I think that how pathetic she is is enough for me."

"Wow! Harsh." Paimon exclaimed chocked. "Well then... can we go over to cooking Paimon all these treats you promised Paimon?"

This was so fun to write!

This is a story that (Y/N) told Aether and Paimon, I hope you liked her story!

Special chapter for chapter 40! Thank you for reading all this way~

1,292 words, 3.6 pages (^///^)