Frilly, Chilly Hilichurl~

On the second floor under the stairs up to the balcony, there was a painting with old colors of yellow and black on old paper. It was the painting they were searching for. There was this weird light yellow symbol on, and that was the thing called Witness Sigil.

"Now, let's go find that thing outside!" Paimon seemed very determined even though she was really scared of finding a ghost before. "Where did Boss Lady say we should go check after that Sigil?" she mused.

"Outside the inn." Aether and Paimon nodded and they took the trip down the stairs.

Just a bit outside the veranda there were a rock, it resembled a pillar. Aether saw how weird it looked and got closer to inspect it. There was golden markings on top of it, a curved line with dashes below it.

"This doesn't look anything like the Sigil." he said and was about to search for other rocks when (Y/N) explained.

"See that bigger rock behind it? It also have some yellow markings on, and even further away, you can see a boulder wit big markings on there too. If you stand right, and make sure you see them all on the same time and matches the lines, you can see the Sigil we're searching for. Remember this method, as it is often used by Adepti to conceal secrets."

Damn. This girl got knowledge.

Aether followed her instructions and stood so he could see all the boulders, and then, when the lines matched one another, the sigil started to glow brighter yellow. Then, when it glowed perfectly, a little cloud of dust appeared, and out ran the little ghost from before. Paimon got terrified by her appearance and hid behind (Y/N).

"T-there she is! So scary... Aether, you... you go grab her" she looked scared.

"Be careful, don't hurt her, maybe she wants peace, few ghosts actually wants to be evil. She will probably cause some ruckus though, call for me then!" the (h/c) haired girl shouted after the young boy wen he ran after the ghost child.

Paimon hid behind the older girl before she then remembered how dangerous it was for Aether to be alone with a ghost.

"Oh no, we have to run after him (Y/N)!" she shouted worried.

"Thank you for finally remembering that." honestly, (Y/N) had only stayed to let the little child calm down. Running with a frightened child is not fun at all. She put Paimon on her shoulders. "Hang on tight." she readied herself, and I'll tell you, she really wasn't ready for the speed.

(Y/N) catched up with Aether within seconds, but he was to focused on following the girl that he didn't notice her. She'll scold him later for not paying attention to his surroundings.

He catched his breath for a few seconds wen the ghost stopped, but got white in his face when she shouted for a mechanism to wake up. He had already seen that it was a Ruin Hunter, the stronger version of a Ruin Guard.

"(Y/N)!" he shouted for her to come, and she was right behind him already just by running (with a motion sick Paimon).

"I'm here for you. Let's defeat this thing fast to catch the girl." her Scythe was now visible.

The monster was strong, but (Y/N) was far stronger. She moved the locks from her left eye and showed her wine-red eye. Within seconds it glowed so bright it could light up dark, it shone ruby red. Her scythe got a red hue and her stand changed so she looked as if she prepared to run a marathon.

Her weapon sliced trough metal. It did't even sound of it, it was like a blacksmith's knife through butter. The flying metal beast fell to the ground with a loud thud and she got up into her normal pose again, taking away the long weapon, and lastly she covered her eye.

"Now for the girl."

"🎵Silly-Churl, Billy-Churl...🎵 "

"Phew... finally caught you. Paimon' pooped."

" 🎵Silly-Billy Hilichurl...🎵"

"Haunting things isn't nice! Little girl, are you listening?"

" 🎵Chilly-Churl, Frilly-Churl...🎵"

"Now listen here young lady!"

"... Okay. Dusky Ming won't tease the travelers at the inn anymore. Next time, (Y/N) can come play with Dusky Ming." the little girl had stopped jumping and singing and looked at (Y/N) with a look that said won't-you-play-with-me?

"Of course. You could've just asked. Next time Dusky Ming wants something, she will ask for permission, okay?"

"Mhm! Dusky Ming will be a good girl." she smiled brightly to the red dressed girl.

"Good, I'm counting on her, otherwise I might not have time to play with her if I have to fix Dusky Ming's trouble." then Dusky Ming disappeared. "We should probably go tell the chef about the ghost being gone." the girl looked back to her companions again, only to be met by fascinated eyes.

"Wow... you really know how to deal with kids." the blonde boy said impressed,which caused a pink hue to appear on (Y/N)'s cheeks.

"N-not really, I only know how to deal with ghosts and such, things you learn as a traveler."

"Paimon didn't know you learned to deal with supernaturals by being a traveler..." Paimon was still so shocked and looked at her elder friend as if she just spoke the hilichurlan language with a pigeon and a sunsettia, and got an answer.

"C-can we just head back into the inn now? We've got lots of stairs to climb!" the boy and floating food groaned and (Y/N) smiled a little amused. Well, it had already gotten darker and they would have to hurry if they wanted to make it before midnight, so suppose the red girl was right.

Off they went.

Gargh!

God, why did I update so late?

It took me only a day to write this, I could and should have done it earlier!

Sorry for both the short chapter and late update, hope you still enjoy~

1,019 words, 2.9 pages ο(=•ω<=)ρ⌒☆