All Mora Is Currency, But Not All Currency Is Mora

"That's the pot! It looks like the Hilichurls are still using it." Paimon said when she'd finally spotted the big pot in the Meat Tribe's place. Then the Hilichurls spotted them. Oh boy, time to fight.

To make it fast, let's just say that when no one was looking, (Y/N) used her vision on the Hilichurls, and they all dropped dead when all their blood left their body. Creepy? You should've seen the look in her eyes...

"There's still soup in here." seems that Paimon and Aether was already standing by the pot. "These Hilichurls sure have big appetites"

"Well, it's our lab now." Aether concluded. No more Hilichurls, I guess...

"This soup looks like it could be used as our Hydro elemental protection. Let's fire it up and begin our experiment! We're ready to go! Paimon will help remember which one of the three is which!" does she just want to escape doing actual work? Though I guess it will be all for nothing if they don't remember which stone was which... "Use Pyro to keep the pot hotter, until we get the results we need."

well,

We didn't start the fire! It was always burning /slapped

"Mr. Zhongli said that the shinier and bluer he ore gets, the better it is, so pay close attention!"

And the cooking begun. Aether and (Y/N) took turns watching the fire, while the other checked so no more of the Meat Tribe would annoy them. A few times, there came Hilichurls when (Y/N) took watch, but she easily defeated them. Then finally, the last Noctilucous Jade shone, and that was the brightest and bluest one. Paimon seemed to know which one it was, so they began the trip back to Liyue. After all, that was far away so they had to hurry... Then in Liyue they met Zhongli and told him which one to buy, and finally they walked to the Jade Mystery.

"You're back, my friends! I've kept the goods for you. Which of them would you like?" the merchant smiled at them.

"They all shone bright and blue, but we'd like the third one." (Y/N) responded since Paimon had said the third ore was the one shining the brightest.

"Yeah, Paimon also remember that it was the third one!" she said proudly.

"No problem. If you have your eye on this one, you can have it."

"Then we'll take a box of the third jade." Zhongli concluded.

"All the same... pardon me for asking, but I'm curious. Whatever do you need this much top quality Noctilucous Jade for?"

"Hmm, I suppose it would not hurt to tell you. We need them to make implements for the Rite of Parting."

"Parting...?! oh dear... I'd heard the rumors but hadn't given much thought to them. This... this means that Rex Lapis really is... ... it's hard to believe. Eve though the Jade Mystery has been in decline, we have always been under his protection. It is said that when our lord lost his way while going incognito in the city two hundred years ago, it was a spoon from the Jade Mystery that he had used to sample the local delights. Alas, alas, all things must pass... well, if this is to be used to say farewell to Rex Lapis, then I shall sell this to you at half the price." why, this man truly is a follower of Rex Lapis.

"Are you sure? You didn't wanna even give us an inch before..." aww, Paimon cares that nothing goes wrong.

"If not for our lords protection, the city wouldn't exist as it does now. No proprietor could earn money off such a thing."

"Aww, I'm sure Rex Lapis will feel your sentiment, boss."

"Truly, this is a humble thing to do." (Y/N) agreed with Paimon.

"In the safe hands of the Liyue Qixing and good, honest merchants such as yourself, I, for one, believe that Liyue will continue to prosper as it always has done."

"So let's not get ourselves down just yet." encouraging Aether is a good boy.

"Alright... thank you, my friends. Hah, what's with me, getting all sentimental like this? I'll practically give away all my fortune at this rate."

"Now that we have made our choice, let's take this Noctilucous Jade back."

"Hey, wait a minute!" good Paimon, stop Zhongli from walking away. "He said it was half price, not that we could leave without paying!"

"Oh, right. I'm sorry. I must've forgotten to do that too. Let me see... as I thought. I didn't bring any."

"Any what?" Paimon asked.

"Mora. My apologies, another oversight on my part."

"A local of Liyue who doesn't have money on their mind..." Aether said as if he'd found a rare specimen.

"A rare sight alright..." (Y/N) mumbled back.

"That won't do, this isn't some small sum... oh wait, didn't Childe give us some advance funds earlier?"

"I have them on me." Aether responded.

"Oh Khaenri'ah, I never thought I would see the day when I'm using a harbinger's money..." the red dressed girl said a little worried.

"Phew! Have a second look, boss, is it enough?"

"It's fine, just enough for half price... though to be honest, it'd be alright even if the sum wasn't quite enough." Why, this man is way to nice!

"Well, it's settled, then. Let's take this to Yujing Terrace. That's where we plan to hold the Rite... "

"Look at you, bossing everyone around! You didn't cough up a single Mora!"

"Whoa Paimon, take it easy." The (h/c) haired girl tried to calm the white haired girl.

"Please remember to bring money next time." thanks, Aether, (Y/N) is responsible, but not even she can take care of everything all the time.

"I will keep that in mind. Do we need to go see Childe?"

"I'm afraid it might be necessary..." Aether answered since the red dressed girl was still busy taking care of a child's tantrum.

"We should get to the Yujing Terrace now, should we not?" (Y/N) could finally say.

"Yes, let's get going. While we're at it, could you tell me your name?" Zhongli asked.

"What's with all (Y/N)'s friends not knowing her name?" Paimon said and she and Aether sweat dropped. Well, they should leave to get to the terrace now.

What's the next thing on the list?

Uwa~

Finally! I'm mad at myself for never rly posting within the time I want, but at least this is out now...

Hope it wasn't all bad!

1,100 words, 3.1 pages (~o ̄3 ̄)~