Ready To Go?

When Aether, Paimon, Diluc and Jean came back an hour had passed.

"Hard fight?"

"Not really, no." Aether answered. "But we gained some knowledge. When we had defeated the Abyss Mage some kind of energy were set free from him, and it was the same energy that cut off Dvalin from Venti. We talked about old Mondstadt, known as Stormterror's lair, the place Dvalin is at. Since Stormterror's lair is cut off with a barrier no one has been there for a while. However, when the energy was set free, Venti understood how the barrier worked. He thinks that he can break the barrier. We plan to meet Dvalin there, and weirdly, I am the trump card because I can purify the Teardrops and I can fight...? Well, we came to get you so that we can break that barrier now."

"You could just call my name?"

"How does that work?"

"I put a spell on all of us. Whenever you call my name, I will use the Chant Of The Moon-Path, leading me to you all within three seconds. Of course, after this commission, I will break the spell. So I will only come just now."

"Huh. Is that also how you came out of the shadows in the tavern before?"

"Yes. Chant Of The Dark Heart. That chant has two parts though, when you go into the darkness, and when you come out of it."

"Wow~, you know all kind of things! Paimon's impressed!"

"Eh n-not really!" she denied it, "Oh! Are we heading to Stormterror's Lair now?" Jean nodded. "Then we better get going."

As they reached the lair, they had been stopped by Hilichurls multiple times, almost always a couple of the creatures visible. It didn't take long time to fight them, they had the Acting Grand Master, the Dark Knight Hero, a well-known traveler, a god and a well-trained baker with a Blood Vision, even though she didn't use it.

"Phew! That was a lot of work!"

"But you didn't do anything, Paimon...?"

"What?! Denying the power of me, huh? I have helped with... Uh... Gathering the food the Hilichurls left!"

"What a brave act."

"Oh shush you, Sunsettia Sweets!"

"Because that was a creative nickname?" ( (Y/N) - 1 Paimon - 0 )

They gazed up on the barrier. It really just looked like compact turquoise wind packed into a wall, meters high.

"This is the place?" Aether asked himself.

"Oh, Old Mond..." (Y/N) whispered so no one but the bard beside her heard, and he nodded as an answer to her comment.

"It looks so dangerous."

"Yeah, so don't touch it Paimon."

"Wasn't planing to!"

"Let me at it. Although this wooden lyre is all I have..." Venti took up an old lyre and got himself in a pose that indicated that he was ready to play. "I don't need the lyre to break through this kind of storm bar- ah wait, what is that?" before Venti could play a single note, Hilichurls came rushing towards them and attacked. A Mitachurl, a Hilichurl who had the job to throw Pyro slimes, and an Anemo Samachurl were ready to attack.

The Samachurl waved its staff while saying weird words, and soon, wind and mini-tornadoes blew towards them. Diluc got past a tornado and got a hit with his Clay-more, red of the flames coming from it. He used his weapon a few more times before Jean joined in to finish the creature faster. Venti aimed his bow towards the Hilichurl, now with a slime in its arms, ready to throw. Just before the slime flew away, Venti let go off the arrow and it came to pierce the hilichurl in its head. It faded to dust before it could even bleed. Then lastly, it was the Mitachurl. (Y/N) ran up behind it, hitting with her scythe incredibly fast and strong, and once it had its whole attention on her, Aether attacked so he could hit behind the creature's shield. After a few more hits, it fell and disappeared as ashes in the wind.

"The Hilichurls usually do not venture into areas with high elemental concentration. It puts a heavy burden on their bodies." Venti explained his concerned look.

"The Abyss Order must be manipulating them behind the scenes, yet they shouldn't have been able to determine that we would come. They're presumably spreading their forces to halt our plans." Diluc said.

"Without further ado... I suppose I can play faster if my only audience is the wind." Venti turned to look at the wall, once again taking out his old lyre. He played a few tones. They all came out beautiful, and within seconds, the barrier shattered.

"It actually opened! You're not entirely useless, Tone-Deaf Bard!"

"You do know h's a god? If he was useless, I'd taken him away from his spot long ago..." (Y/N) face palmed to Paimon.

"Did I just hear a compliment?"

"What was that? I can't hear, it must be the strong wind!"

"Ugh..."

"We're now entering Stormterror's Lair." Jean cut in, "Watch yourselves, let's move." They headed over into the ruins. On the way, they walked over a giant bridge, Aether taking notes on the climate while Paimon asked stupid questions.

Then, they reached their destination.

"It's stuck." Paimon said.

"It's stuck." Venti tried to copy the flying food,

"Hey, check out that roof. Is there a giant hole in it?" Paimon asked. And there sure was.

"Hmm... I suppose we could make use of that wind current." the god said to himself.

"Let's make a detour then. Heading up!" Paimon chirped.

"Let's make a detour then. Heading up!" the bard once again teased Paimon. Man, finally someone did that to her.

And so, another path filled with Hilichurls, on their way to get to a wind current. So much trouble for such a simple tasks. Finally they arrived beside a statue of Barbatos and a wind current beside it.

"Is this my life now? Is it going to be a hassle trying to get to a wind current? I have so much to look forward to." (Y/N) sighed. The team opened their wind gliders and flew to the first floor of the building. There, a chest with some random things in it awaited them.

"Is this a reward for your hassle, Red (Y/N)?"

"Nope, it's a reward for your foolishness ceasing for a few minutes."

"Well. That hurt." Aether spotted a pile of debris and suggested that they would climb it to reach the second floor, and it was their best shot, honestly. Paimon reacted when they reached the second floor though.

"Oh no! A ruin guard!"

"Yes, an old one. Seems to be maybe one of the firsts... Completely deactivated. No need to worry, this thing as been out of order or at least a hundred or two years, probably more than three hundred years. It won't start moving now." Paimon sighed in relief as she heard what the red-dressed girl said. Then finally, on the second floor the wind current they had aimed for were spotted, taking them all to the third floor.

I'm stopping there, I'm out of imagination for the moment. I want the last battle to be a chapter for itself, but the process before that will become a really short chapter then...

So, I'm going to the final battle against an old friend, what are you doing?

Finally, at least over a thousand words in the chapter, not a thousand words with my little spot here in the bottom included!

Sorry if my chapters are confusing, and i might spoil some stuff accidentally for those who have not played Dvalin's quest... Hope you enjoy the story though!

1,295 words, 3.7 pages (>'-'<)