Ruby Red

"To make up for the interruption, you my dear traveler, will follow me to the cathedral!"

"I'm actually not interested in joining the church, thank you."

"To the cathedral? What for?"

"To claim a certain 'Holy Lyre der Himmel'." is he joking? No, he's pure mad!

"Wait, wha-" he ran away without letting (Y/N) finish her sentence.

"He's pure mad! I swear to god, this little help-event will take a year!" Aether was shocked to see her so worked-up over the bard.

"You two are quite good friends, no?"

"Not a chance. I happen to know him just because who he is. He haven't bothered caring for me, not my name or what I cared for. He's such a child. You're fully grown compared to him."

"You do seem to hold a grudge against him, Paimon almost thought you were friends, but then you treated him like a thief!"

"Oh, he is. You'll see once he asks you to claim that Lyre." she sighed.

"We better get going. The faster this is cleared up, the faster he disappears."

They reached the cathedral, and Venti waited outside, playing a tune on a lyre.

"You already got the Lyre?"

"No no. This is my simple bard-device. Not that fancy Holy item."

"So... this 'Holy Lyre der Himmel' is..." Paimon asked.

"One of the most treasured items in Mond. It's the Lyre that Barbatos used to play. If I use it to cure Dvalin, it might just work."

"How do we retrieve it?" Aether asked.

"Oh, I'm gonna see if my plan works. You can follow and see this pretty drama if you want to." he stepped inside the cathedral and Aether didn't hesitate to follow. (Y/N) sighed.

"I do so not look forward to this."

"Hello there sister!"

"May the Anemo Archon protect you, young bard. How can I help you?"

"Actually, I know a secret that can save Mondstadt from its current predicament."

"Oh, what a blessing form the god of Anemo! But you should report that to the Knights of Favonious. Why have you come to me?"

"Haha, because you, dear sister, can help! I'd like to borrow... the Holy Lyre. With it, I'll be able to help Stormterror-"

"Please see yourselves out."

"What?"

"It's a vicious dragon indeed, but once the Acting Grand Master makes up her mind, nothing can stand in the Knight's way." the sister simply said.

"That's simply not acceptable. Wouldn't Stormterror end up dead that way?"

"That foolish beast betrayed the winds. Not even the god of Anemo would forgive him!" jokes on you, sister, he would.

"Ugh... Please, I beg of you!"

"I'm afraid not, little bard." the sister looked at him in pity.

"Then... I guess I'm left with no other choice. I cannot hide anymore! My disciples, rejoice! Behold, the god of Anemo, Barbatos, has descended! Shocked, aren't you? Don't you just want to cry out and rejoice? How does it feel to finally meet the god you have been serving?"

"If there's nothing else, I'll go back to the cathedral's paperwork now."

"Wai-" Venti sighed but she merely turned around to walk away.

"Well, just yet, everything goes according to plan!" he smiled triumphant.

"Are you asking us to steal the Lyre?!"

"This is why I'm out, even though it would go faster with my help."

"She didn't deny that the Lyre is here though. You're up Aether. Time to put your Knight abilities to action!"

"Wait what? Get me out of this please."

"He means you offered help and might be able to talk your way to that Holy item. I doubt it, but I won't stop you if you want to try." God. (Y/N) could be an angel, but she did not like Venti or helping without a good reason.

"I'll try." he walked over to the sister.

"So, it's (Y/N), huh?"

"Has been that the latest times I've been here, and I travel each nation in time. No jumping over them. I have told you all times my name, but you just won't listen."

"Guess nicknames stick better. Know why I call you that?"

"Not interested."

"Oh, but you are. Your eye might not show it, but your tone does. It was the first time I saw you. You probably noticed my presence, but did not bother about me. It was the Ruby red-"

"I know much well why you call me that, I'm not interested as I said."

"Worth a try." they kept quiet until Aether came back with an angry pixie.

"He said Paimon ate it - ate it!"

"I wouldn't be shocked if you ate something that you're not supposed to eat, if I am honest."

"Too humble, (Y/N)."

"Paimon will get you back, just you wait!"

"You were about to eat a spoon this morning, and you said it had jam on it. Like that made any sense."

"Wha- Paimon d-do not remember!"

"Oh? I can remind-"

"No need!" (Y/N) gave Paimon a teasing smile.

"If you say so, Flying Child."

"Oh, you can await revenge!" she stomped in the (non-existent) ground.

"I'll be waiting."

"So, it did not work, I assume?" she asked Aether.

"No, I guess we won't get the-"

"Just as I thought." Venti hummed for himself.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, I knew this was gonna happen, I just wanted to see how you would handle the situation."

"Paimon starts to understand why you don't like this guy!"

"We are two in that situation Paimon."

"Well, come meet me outside the cathedral at night, then we will take it."

"TAKE IT!?" Paimon exclaimed.

"Well, fewer guards at night time. And, well, we are more likely borrowing it."

"I'll tell that to the bartender at Angel's Share once he wonders where his wine went."

"Hey! Don't you dare!"

"So you dare fight me?"

"Don't change topics!"

"Did I hear a 'no'?

"Just forget, okay?"

"Whatever you say, my lord."

"That reminds me, you said you were Barbatos?"

"So?"

"If that's the case, we have to help."

"Why does it hang on whether I'm a god or not?" he sighed.

"See you later, Bard-Batos."

"Oh shush!"

Is this why (Y/N) knows so much? She knows a god?

Man, (Y/N) : 1 Paimon : 0 she be naming people well

So, how did I manage to update again within 24 h? Well, don't expect that again if you want quality in the book

1,078 words 2.9 pages /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\