Liquid Gold

Aether, Paimon and (Y/N) were on their way to Liyue, city of contracts and Geo, with the goal to search for Aether's lost sibling, a girl looking like him.

Liyue. City of contracts and Geo. Archon: Morax, Rex Lapis and God of contracts. Not to mention his undercover name...

The nature in the Nation of Geo were absolutely amazing. There were high mountains, a rice cultivation and pretty orange and yellow trees. It wasn't like Mondstadt's meadows and all the pine trees, and with Dragonspine visible far away... Liyue couldn't see Dragonspine because other mountains always hid it, and there were so many more autumn colors instead of Mond's green.

But it was far from a place (Y/N) loved to be at.

Whenever she got inside the Nation, she would have problems with the Adepti, always cautious over her Vision. But this time, he hadn't met any Adepti. She could only feel the presence of a familiar old soul.

"Ohhhh, all Paimon can think 'bout is the different food! There was this gourmet from Liyue who talked about the Li and the Yue cuisine, right?"

"Xi'er, the young gourmet from Liyue. She is incredibly knowing in terms of the Li and Yue cuisine, and prefers spicy food over Mond's mild and heavy aroma. The Li cuisine and Yue cuisine are two different food cuisines from Liyue, Li cuisine specializes in ingredients from the ever so famous mountains and tastes very rich, while Yue cuisine is mostly seafood from the harbor and has lighter, brighter flavors, to say as Xi'er. It matches Liyue's climate perfectly with the ingredients and it's just to choose - rich and much flavor or light and not too much in your mouth?"

"I am not too sure that Xi'er is the gourmet..."

"Please, she describes it more professionally, plus, I only tried to do an easier explanation out of what she said last time I met her."

"Oh really now? Paimon means, you are specialized in cooking?"

"I only bake the same old cookies, day out and day in for five years. If I burnt them all by now, I would wonder if I should stay to the same career the next Nation."

"Oh, yeah. You said that you switched job each Nation? So Mond is the baking one..."

"Far from it. I only take a job and see how it goes. I have been waitress at a tavern in Mond and also worked as an assistant to Katheryne. Nothing stays the same, and in Liyue, address me as a writer traveling with you to see new stories come alive. I believe I have all the items needed to be a writer."

"Well, Paimon never knew it was that easy changing your career."

"It really isn't..." Aether sighed. "t's soon time for dinner, I'll go hunting."

"Then I'll search for fruit to give us a healthy meal. And Paimon..."

"What should Paimon do???"

"Come here." the girl nodded and floated closer. She didn't have time to react.

"H-he? Hey!" she got mad as she saw what had happened. Aether tried to suppress a laugh.

Around the fairy's stomach, (Y/N) had tied a rope, then she tied the other end around a tree.

"It's time for you to put your skills in action. Once you get out of that rope, you'll get dinner. No asking me or Aether. And if anyone happened to pass by, they can't help either. Got it?"

"Wha- no fair! Paimon will-"

"If you don't agree hen I guess I wont have to get too much fruit. It will be fine if you just catch two squirrels, Aether."

"NO! Paimon will get out of here! She is super-duper skilled!"

"See you soon then." (Y/N) waved as she turned around and walked away.

She sighed once she was far away enough from the tied-up child.

"When are you getting out? There's no on here, and if you are watching me, you'll get more information from me by talking to me."

"...And what if you lie? Humans are such lying creatures."

"Why do you see me as them? And after all these times, you still don't understand I don't have a reason to lie to you."

the boy she was talking to was now visible, stepping out of the shadows.

"Is that how it is every time I stalk someone in the shadows?"

"No, I am hard to spot, but your very aura is hard to sense, and even if I do, it only lasts for a second or two."

"Happy I'm not that bad at sneaking."

"In most eyes I'm not bad at it either."

"Guess so." she looked closer to the man in front of her. His golden eyes were the easiest to notice, not only because of color but also his glares. Then his dark hair with the turquoise ends, and lastly his clothes.

"Long time no see, Xiao."he only muttered back. "Seems I caught you right on time, no mask on."

"Why are you here?"

"You know that. Five years has passed and it is time to move on."

"And the other two?"

"Travelers searching for the boy's twin sister. The little one is a guide. I travel with them only to have a little company."

"Really? Tsk. If that is all you will say, I'll let you be for now. Do anything threatening or stupid, and I'll be after you again." he dissapeared for real now. All (Y/N) did was sight.

Xiao POV

Damn her. She always is like that.

Damn you Ruby. Why?

Why did you put a spell on me?

It hurts.

It hurts to see you with that boy.

It hurts when you don't answer me like you used to.

It hurts.

Can you release me?

No. This is my punishment.

I deserve it. I am the Vigilant Yaksha. This is my life.

So hi! It's me, Sabami!

What do you think of Xiao's arrival here? And his spell?

Maybe he really don't know much about such things...

Well here I am. Back with a new chapter, and interaction.

Hope you enjoyed~!

1,027 words, 2.8 pages ( ̄︶ ̄)↗