Run, Slash, Kill. Run, Slash, Save?

"Finally. I really don't have anything to do, so I'm getting bored when you guys talk a lot. How did he take it?"

"Meh, Paimon would say he believed us. Question is if he will stand back and not empty Liyue on its citizens..."

"Oh Khorne, please Moon Carver. Let us solve this peacefully, no?" (Y/N) sighed and turned to look at the blonde who had just arrived after his chat with a mighty and illuminated beast. "Next up is pretty far from here, can you make it? We're changing Mountain to Mt. Hulao. The mountain is full of ores and stones, so it's perfect to go farming there, especially Cor Lapis, a yellow-ish shining rock."

"Let's get going, no time to waste." Aether sighed.

They managed to (somehow) make it to Mt. Hulao, and at the way up there were gigantic amber rocks, bigger than both (Y/N) and Aether. The climbed up a road and passed a lot of the glowing orange rocks and other stones such as Noctilucous Jade and Cor Lapis. When they made it to the top, the view was amazing. It felt as if they would touch the clouds any second now, and the day light against a water body made all the amber around shine brighter than you could think. The red trees around and the path up behind them - everything was like a fairy tale.

Except the treasure hoarder who was praying in front of the waters.

"Have mercy, o mighty Adeptus! I beg you... show mercy upon me and my brother... spare our lives!"

"What's wrong?" Oh have mercy on him, mighty Adeptus. The obliviousness is going to kill this cinnamon roll. The man turned around and faced Aether with a shocked look.

"Who are you? What's going on?" he looked scared.

"Excuse me, mister, we asked you something." (Y/N) tried to be polite.

"...Oh! You enjoy safe passage in Jueyun Karst... it can only mean one thing! You must be Adepti messengers! Sent here to rescue me and my brother!"

"What is he talking about?" Paimon was utterly confused.

"...Oh, have mercy, mighty messengers of the illuminated Adepti! I beg you to save us... my brother and I, we only came here because our family is poor, and we heard tell of hidden treasures in the amber of Mt. Hulao. It was stupid of us... but all we wanted to do was find enough treasure to sell and support our family... we followed the path u the mountain, but suddenly, the amber... it swallowed up my brother, Li Dang! I ran away, and made it this far before it dawned on me: we were trespassers in the abode of the Adepti, and this is our punishment... I had no idea on how to rescue my brother, so I just started praying for the Adepti to have mercy, right here on the spot. And now, at long last, two messengers come to my aid..." the man looked dreadfully bad about his deeds, and honestly, (Y/N) didn't know if saving his brother was the right thing to do...

"What? We're not Adepti messengers.. we just wanna find the Adepti, like everyone else!" Paimon said.

"No no no, you must be messengers... you have to be! I have no idea which amber trapped him... please, you have to rescue him! I beg you, show me some Adepti mercy!" the man got onto his knees and prayed.

"Of your transgression, your predicament, and your repentance, one has become aware." Aether tried to look mighty, but mostly looked as if he smelled something bad.

"Oh, messenger, surely you have a lot of compassion and humanity to do this for this sinner, my old familiar. You intend to do this reprobate offender the greatest deed in the time of need?" (Y/N) said as it took Aether more than ten seconds to figure out what she had said, and then ten more seconds to find an answer.

"One must always forgive rather than forget. If the mighty and illuminated Adepti would be to forget this prayer, what would we then have done? We would have lost a soul, drenched in sorrows in its tries to swim up to the fresh air. Thus, it is my decision to lend a hand to this fellow."

"Very well then, my comrade. I will seek the beloved man of this human, while you calm his heart filled with concern and fear. You will not wait longer than the time it takes for tears of the Adepti to fall from the velvet blue sky." (Y/N) ran down the path before Aether even had translated in his mind what she had said.

She rushed among the Amber, with scythe in hand. Stopping a second to slash open one of them, only to kill the boar trapped inside it. Keep running, slashing open, kill the slime inside. Keep running, slashing, talk to the man inside the rock. His name is Li Dang. Pick him up, run up the path, put him down beside his brother. That was the things (Y/N) thought of while she took less than three minutes to find the treasure hoarder's brother. He stood surprised there for a couple of seconds before he clapped his hands together.

"Thank you for rescuing my brother, O mighty messengers of the illuminated Adepti." he said happily.

"Have you ever seen the Adeptus here?" Aether asked when he understood that (Y/N) had no intention of saying anything.

"What? No... I mean, like everyone else, we've heard that there's an Adeptus living in Mt. Hulao. But regular folks like us would never have the chance to meet them. No way. Unlike you guys... you're Adepti messengers, so it's a whole different story. Anyway, we have trespassed in the realm of the Adeptus for long enough. We should get going. Thank you, mighty Adepti messengers..."

"Yes, thank you, messengers." the brothers ran away so that they could leave fast enough.

"Really, taking on the cover of Adepti messenger really isn't smart. One of the few covers I would never try." (Y/N) said to Aether.

"Who dares trespass on my mountain? Who is that frees the thief from this incarceration?" a pretty but stern voice asked.

"Oh boy, Mountain Shaper is here, I'll leave now, call me this time in need of my help." (Y/N) saluted Aether and Paimon before gliding to a safe distance without letting the Adeptus notice. "Let's see how they handle the mighty, and overprotective, Mountain Shaper..." (Y/N) sat down and watched Aether and Paimon interact with the illuminated beast. This will be interesting...

Next Adepti creature, and this will be a hard one... let's see how I'll do this. Will I fail, or not?

Boy, (Y/N) got saving skills AND talk weird skills

1,149 words, 3.3 pages (○` 3′○)