Misfortune And Destruction

Dammit.

She stood up and looked out. It was so pretty out there, but it wouldn't help how tired she was. Another sleepless night, another work filled day.

Cara looked back to the staff's hall. Everyone who worked here slept in the staff's hall. The House was wonderful and everything, but when you were terrified of waking up by people's scared screams, it wasn't easy to sleep. One of the girls working as nurse came and walked with Cara, since she was left alone in that side of the hall.

Everyone in the house was always so happy and nice, caring and accepting. That was basically the rule of the whole Amicitia, accept whoever and whenever. Saphielis was truly a humble god, always wanting the best for everyone. She must've fighted long and hard to make a place like that with working rules and functions. She always got support from the other Archons too, but she did most by herself and would go out in the city sometimes to help personal people with their matter if she judged that to be the best solution.

Everyone had great respect for her, and getting an unemotional eye and lose their pupil would make whoever happy to bear her Vision. The best hunters were always the ones with the Blood Vision. Being able to just cut off the blood ways to the brain of the prey was effective and a death that didn't hurt much. Saphielis was so humble, she even had rules for hunting so that as little killing and pain would happen.

Sure, living in Amicitia would mean having many rules, but all of them were easy to follow, and meant that the ones around you would get a happier life. And, if you didn't follow the rules by mistake, the ones around you would happily help you make up for it and make sure the mistake wouldn't be repeated.

The worst thing you could do in Amicitia would be to talk bad about others and not accept. If that happened more than three times, then you wouldn't be allowed in the Nation anymore, no matter what or who.

The House was the best thing in Amicitia. It gave a home and friends, food and clothing, mora and work. Every child wanted a job on the House when they grew up. The House was like a palace available for everyone, the safest place in the city, which is much safe since all the other places were also far safer than most Nations.

Cara looked into the dining hall, where everyone but the children too small to walk sat. People talked with happy tones, old with young, no matter who they were they all talked and made sure everyone was in the conversation. Cara took a plate and sat beside one of the boys who came to her often for help.

"How are you today Servo?" she said and looked at the young boy.

"Better then usually. How about you? You look tired." he said as he took another spoon of Leo Pulmenti, the Native vegetarian soup.

"Well, I've had bad dreams, and now I have problems sleeping." then Servo looked concerned.

"Be careful. If it continues, talk with her."

Her. That was what the young boys called Saphielis. It was like a game, a secret. No one minded, but they usually stopped saying her when they were adults. Well, except the head of the House. He felt insecure calling his Archon by name and had stuck with the other name his whole life. Not that anyone cared, he could call Saphielis whatever he wanted, everyone could. You could say whatever you wanted as long as you were respectful to others. That was another rule, but it hadn't a grave punishment like the rule to respect others.

"I'm sure it's nothing much." Cara smiled at the boy. "But if it calms you, I shall do that."

She did go to meet her, the Archon of Amicitia. She talked about her dreams that kept her awake.