Pure Prayers

Finally Liyue Harbor. The crowded streets, the lamps everywhere because of the event, the red color that indicated wisdom and wealthiness. The merchants. Everything about Liyue told the three travelers that the citizens were depending on Mora. Well, not Paimon.

"Look at all the food!!! This is heaven! Aether, how long will we be here, like, forever? Paimon won't have time to eat everything otherwise!"

"Otherwise? Your vocabulary is better than before, Paimon."

"Yeah, all Paimon has to do is sit beside you and Venti while you talk, and BAM! Vocab.. vocabul... vocabulary increased?"

"Yeah, vocabulary." (Y/N) smiled, one of her small smiles, and yet they seemed brighter and truer than her smiles from when they first met. And she never really smiled back then.

"SEE?! Paimon deserves a reward for using the word increased. What about... food?" she heard someone call 'cheap and tasty chop suey!'

"What about tcheap and chasty top suey?"

"Cheap and tasty chop suey? No. We have a goal, that rite. After that, I can make you a Liyue meal. How about it?"

"YAY! FOOD FROM (Y/N)!"

"Let's just go." the red-dressed girl facepalmed.

"If we want to find Morax, or as locals say, Rex Lapis, this is the time to do so." she said to Aether.

"Do you know when it is?"

"Hmmm. It might be today but it can also be tomorrow... what about we ask some citizens?"

"Good idea (Y/N)! Paimon can spot some of them over there, and they look like they know their stuff!"

"They look like ordinary locals?"

"Aether, there is a food stall close to them." Aether mouthed an O when he understood the kids intentions.

"Go ahead you two. I'm not so good when it comes to speaking..." Aether nodded and headed away with the emergency food.

Soon, he came back and said that the highest point of Liyue Harbor, Yujing Terrace, and the event happened soon, that very day.

"Yujing Terrace, you say? Oh! It is that place, where they always have people like the Tianquan and the Yuheng have their important meetings and talk things over in public. The Yuheng and Tianquan are both members of the Liyue Qixing, they have a lot of power, the Qixing. I believe their names are... Tianquan Ningguang and Yuheng Keqing? Yes, I think so."

"Do you know where the Terrace is?"

"Yes, let me lead you." she went up a bridge and past loads of pretty shops, to a place with a place (Y/N) called 'Bubu Pharmacy' and up some stairs and then they could see the Yujing Terrace.

The Terrace was a grand place, with statues and decorations and lots of lanterns. People were everywhere, but mostly around the middle.

"Paimon heard that the best time to make a wish is today, during the Rite of Descention. Aether, wanna give it a try?"

"Yeah, sure." he went over to one of the places to make a wish and after floated Paimon and ( a somewhat hesitant ) (Y/N). By the first place there stood a woman, praying. She was done by the time they arrived.

"Oh, you also want a little Adepti luck too? Haha, seems you know a lot! Making a wish during this time is sure to get you the blessings of both the Adepti and Rex Lapis himself. I've already made my wish, so you can take this."

"Great, thanks!"

"Thank you." Aether nodded. "I wish I could find my sister soon..." that was his prayer. Cinnamon roll. (Y/N) pretty much just positioned herself in the pose with a hand over her heart. No way that she was asking for things from that Archon and his companions. The thing they prayed for lit up orange and the prayer Aether had said was heard. They walked to the opposite side of the Terrace and a guy talked to them there.

"Your first time in Liyue? Actually, it's my first time to see the Rite of Descention too. Ah, look! Ms. Ningguang of the Liyue Qixing!" They looked to where the man pointed and saw a woman with an elegant dress with yellow, black and white details. She had white long hair and looked on the offerings to the Geo Archon in front of her. "Only those who have control in Liyue can preside over the Rite of Descention. Oh, yeah. Not sure if you knew, but most of the Adepti appear in the form of various beasts. I heard that when attending these kinds of formal occasions, Rex Lapis himself appears as a Celestial cross between two of Liyue's ancient mythical creatures. Sorry, I shouldn't interrupt your wish. Please, take this." The man gestured to the wishing mechanism.

"I wish I could get some leads from the Geo Archon." Cinnamon roll. He put his hand against his heart and closed his eyes and Paimon and (Y/N) copied him, even though all their wishes were different. Aether's good wish, Paimon's wish for food from all Nations, and the quiet nothing in (Y/N)'s head.

The wish mechanism lit up orange and then the prayer was heard.

"Great! Now that we're done with the wishing, guess we can just wait here for things to get started. Hmm, who knows how long that Ms. Ningguang lady is gonna take." They decided to go to the crowd in the middle and try to see what was happening. They managed to go to the front of the crowd and could now see Ningguang. They waited a couple minutes, and then the Rite started.

"Whoa! Look at all the people..." Ningguang looked up to the sky before she walked up to the offerings.

"The hour is upon us."

Soooo took a while this time

Short chapter too, but oh well

972 words, 2.8 pages []~( ̄▽ ̄)~*