Getting my needed help

Time skip to hours later
————————————————-

I paced around my laboratory. Anxiously waiting for Latte to get here.

I texted her minute before, telling her my situation. She said that she'll be there in a bit to quickly assist me.

I knew she was going to tease me and say things like "I knew you liked him!" Or "See? You really don't have a reason to hate him!"

But if it meant getting back to my ordinary schedule then so be it.

I heard 2 loud knocks on my door. I felt like I was going insane. This thought had been in my head for hours, and it felt like it was worrying me to be this distracted.

I opened the door and saw Latte. She greeted me with a small wave. I knew her curiosity was through the roof.

"There's no getting out of this one." I mumbled to myself.

"So, you have Madeline all up in your thought process? Tell me why?!" Latte exclaimed excitedly.

"Well," I sighed "I don't know. I've been asking myself this ridiculous question for hours now!"

"And..?"

Latte was just looking for an opportunity to tease me.

"It's the question of if I actually hate Madeline and I've been trying to find a reason why, but I couldn't. Until I do, this will be stuck on my mind until then."

I could hear Latte squeal silently. I knew she was excited that I was having a positive emotion against Madeline.

Latte's POV:
Oh my gosh is this really happening? The most boring, tired, biter cookie ever, thinking they want to be friends with their greatest enemy!? I just know I can NOT lose this opportunity!

I'll have to make them friends!
Or maybe more!~

"You're finally softening up your dough huh?! It's about time Espresso!"

Uhg the nerve of him! Rolling his eyes? This little brat! Oh well, I'm too happy to let something he does all the time let me get mad.

This truly is something new for him! I'm not letting him leave those types of thoughts on Madeline behind!

I know just the people to help me! I'll have to get Alchemist, Sparkling, Vampire, and Herb!

"Well I'll at you two up on a little date of your own!" I teased

"WHAT?! LATTE YOU CAME HER TO HELP ME NOT BE ABSURD!"

I got up and backed off while he screamed at me. He looked flustered, his face lit up in red.

"Uh-oh! Someone's blushing~~!"

Now by this point I ran of as quickly as possible because I knew he would chase after me. We have a very much brother like sister type relationship.

Espresso's POV: 
Is she crazy!? I absolutely don't have any interest in Madeline! He may be attractive, but he's an absolute no in my book! He's stupid, cocky, repulsive, and overall annoying!

Sure, I would like to go and see him in a FRIENDLY manner, but not in a date!

This is why I can't trust her on anything. I'm never going to get her for these types of situations ever again.

                        After a bit of running

Shit I'm so fucking tired...

Espresso panted in the cool Autumn breeze. He gazed into the forest and saw a stump farther in the woods that he could take a small rest on.

He wasn't ever energetic throughout his life, so he wasn't a fast runner.

He plumped down on the stump and panted hard.

He looked farther into the forest, nothing in particular was there. Just a mossy atmosphere.

"Espresso is that you?"

A voice called out in the distance coming towards him. He assumed it was Latte, but the footsteps were heavier then hers.

He saw that it was Madeline and groaned.

"What do you want?" Espresso sighed.

Madeline looked at him confused and a little disappointed that Espresso wasn't even trying to start a nice conversation.

"Well, what are you doing in the forest?" Madeline asked with concern.

"Not any of your business." Espresso groaned.

Madeline could clearly see that Espresso didn't want to talk at all.

"Okay then, it was nice talking to you." Madeline said with disappointment.

"Wait-"

Madeline turned around quickly with a small smile. "Yes my dear?"

"Okay first don't call me that. Second.."

Espresso stopped himself. He couldn't put his mind to talking him that he wanted to talk. Even though that's exactly what he needed to do.

"Espresso?" Madeline said concerned.

Espresso looked up completely forgetting he dozed off.

"Oh, forget it. You can continue with whatever stupid work you do."