Peaceful day

Espresso's pov:
________________________________

A week later, everyone had houses and the kingdom looks pretty good for the time we've been working! It seems that by the end of like 2 months this place will be completely rebuilt again!

Madeline is usually all tired out by the end of the day, always begging for me to come and lie down with him. I can't refuse. He's like a master at manipulating, but he only uses it for when he wants something small from me. Such as cuddling.

Though it's not the end of the day yet, and I am in our room reading a book. It's weirdly warm out today, about like 56 in the middle of winter so I opened a window to let some of the air in.

It's been quite nice here actually. There's newer pathways into the woods that are just as beautiful and the weather seems a bit more tame then back there.

I heard a knock at the door so I shut the book and got up. I opened the door only to be greeted by none other than Latte. I waved and let her in.

"Good afternoon Essy! How you feeling?" She followed me back up to the bedroom.

"Oh I feel fine! Pretty relaxed too actually. To be honest I like it here just a little bit better. It also gives us the chance to change things up." I looked out the window.

Latte nodded. "What ya' lookin' at?" She looked out the window with me.

"Nothing. Just looking I guess." I looked back to her. She looked back at me.

"Oh look!" She pointed out the window. It was Holly and Tinsel taking a walk through the kingdom, holding hands. Jeez she's a little stalker.

"You know I actually have Holly some pointers for Tinsel just like for you and Madeline!" She smiled.

I smiled back at her. "That's pretty cool."

"Well I have to get going. The kids haven't had school for a bit so you know." She waved to me before leaving my room and walking out the door to the school.

I sat down on my knees and put my head down on the window seal. I looked down and saw Madeline and Raspberry helping with construction. I just watched them from afar. Madeline always looks so happy doing anything, and I love him for it.

I wonder how he can do such sometimes, but not often.

He glanced over at me and smiled. After he waved. I gave him a wave back. He continued with whatever he was doing.

I closed my eyes and let the breeze surround my face. It's such a peaceful day.