A new feeling

Espresso got up the next day feeling a whole lot better. He walked into the living room and saw Madeline watching something on the Tv.

Madeline looked over and smiled at Espresso. "It's nice to see you can get up!"

"It feels nice too." Espresso put a hand on his neck and lightly chuckled. He took a seat next to Madeline and lied on his shoulder. Madeline put an arm around Espresso and pulled him closer.

Espresso felt his checks go a dark red. He tried to keep a straight face. Madeline picked his arm up to play with Espresso's hair.

"I thought you didn't like me? Look how much you've changed." Madeline smiled brightly.

"Yeah well..I don't know I-um forget it." Espresso rolled his eyes.

"Can't figure out an excuse now can you?" Madeline smirked.

Espresso pretend he didn't notice. Though he ended up blushing anyway. Madeline laughed and hugged Espresso. "You're so cute!" Madeline said as he tightened his hug. "Y-you're crushing me Madeline!" Espresso screamed.

Madeline noticed and stopped, hugging him still but not as tight. Espresso sighed. He gave in and hugged him back.

Madeline' POV:
———————————-
Aw he's so adorable when he gets all flustered like this! I really never thought I'd be able to talk to him but I'm hugging him right now!

Oh..aww he's hugging me back! He really has grown soft for me!~ I feel as if he's been treating me better than Latte. That's a really really big accomplishment. Well-not for her but you get the point.

I'm surprised he hasn't let go yet actually. He's become really cuddly after he got out of the hospital! The person I really don't need having knowledge about this is Latte. I swear, she's crazy. I'll never here the end of it

Hm..should I pull him onto my lap? I feel as if it would be a whole lot more comfortable than this. Though, one wrong move and Espresso will try to beat the shit out of me.

Well, whatever I'm doing it. I pulled him onto my lap and began to fumble with his hair again. He's gone completely red now. It seems that he's completely fine with this, so that's great.

He wrapped his arms around me, pretending he didn't. He has a big soft spot for me. It's adorable~

He nuzzled his head into my chest. Now I'm getting flustered.. 

We sat there for about a half an hour until I got a text. It was from Latte saying "Is Espresso feeling better? If so, then we should hangout!"

I told Espresso this.

"But I want to spend more time with youu~" Espresso said as he yawned. "You just spent time with me the two days before." I said softly. "But the first day was only half of one, and the second was interrupted by Latte..I want a day with you all to myself.." Espresso said as he held tighter and dug his head deeper.

"Aww you've gotten all soft~ it used to be a day all to yourself with no one bothering you~" I said while a wrapped his hair in my finger.

He was basically asleep anyway. So I lied down and put his head on my chest. He still had his arms wrapped around me.

"He is feeling better but it seems he doesn't want to get up. " I responded to her text.
"Aww..but good for you I guess. What are you 2 doing?"

I didn't want her to come over and wake Espresso, so I simply responded with "He's in my bed taking a nap as of right now. I'm just lying beside him. He seems pretty tired so it'd be best if you just went with Raspberry for the day."

It was like I could hear her groaning over the phone. She didn't respond to that but I assumed she read it. Hopefully, they won't just come randomly.

After about two hours, Espresso woke up.
"Good morning sleepyhead~ how was your nap?" I said softly stroking his cheek. "Good. Your like a giant pillow. Everything time I cuddle with you I fall asleep." Espresso said with a tired voice. "Maybe that's because you live on coffee instead of sleeping." I said with a slight laugh.

Espresso got up. "Whatever." He said waving his hand up and down at me. I went over to him and spun him around. "Soo, what do you want to do since you want me all to yourself~"

Espresso's POV:
————————————-
What?! When on earth did I say that!? Uhg it must've been when I was half asleep.. that's so embarrassing!

I covered my face to hide how extremely red I was. He noticed and moved my hands from my face. Of course I tried to keep them there, but this idiot is stronger than me.

He smirked. I hate it when he smirks. It's so hot though-wait what the hell?! Since when did I think that??!!  I don't like him..do I?

Why did I have to grow so attached to him these past two weeks!? I don't like him..I don't, I don't, I do? Should I ask someone? Is this feeling love??

But who would I even ask? If I asked Latte, I'd never hear the end of it. Wait-I JUST REALIZED WE'VE JUST BEEN SITTING HERE IN SILENCE!!

Oh my god that's so embarrassing!
"I-uh didn't mean that." I crossed my arms.

"It took you awhile to answer that. You really had to think about it~ Darling, are you lying to me?~" Madeline said in a seductive tone.

DARLING?? Since when- WHATEVER JUST KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE

"Darling?! Don't you think that's rather bold?" I said trying to hide the fact that I'd prefer for him to call me that more often.

If I'd prefer him to call me "darling".. then I guess that's it.

I guess this is what love feels like

I guess Madeline realized that I really didn't mind if he called me that. That's because he immediately called me it again. Or maybe he didn't notice. He could just be a jerk and call me that to get me all red.

"Are you calling me darling just for the sake of it?" I looked him in the eyes.  "Well you seem to like it~" He said peering so my face.

Should I return the favor? Y'know what sure.
"You're a jerk my love."

OH WHY DID I SAY THAT-

"Oh, well that's new. " Madeline said tilting his head, smirking. I could tell he was trying to hide the fact that he was trying not to blush. Though he gave up.

"I like that. If you call me love, then I'll call you Darling. Fair enough hm?" Madeline said.

I have to agree though. But I'll never have the courage to say it again. I only said that only because I was getting petty.

"Fine. Don't use it in front of Latte. You know how she gets if she knows someone has a cru-nicknames like that." I cut myself off. "Crush? Oh my Darling~ do you really have a crush on me?~" It seemed as if he was happy to hear this.

Which gives me so much hope. But it seems a bit early.

"Uh-no it was just a mistake! I've seen what happens with other people around her though! That the only reason why!" I fumbled around for an excuse.

He smirked but left it luckily. I don't know if I can keep this up for a whole day though. If I stay with him, then he'll just figure it out. Which I really don't want happening.

"Uhg, I kinda wish Latte would come here right now! Your being extremely annoying..and flirty love." I didn't expect "love" to come out so easy.

"Well that's a bummer..though she did want to hangout earlier. I'll see if she's still open if I'm quote on quote being annoying."
Surprisingly he didn't call me darling that time. Latte was thrilled to hear that we were open.

That was only because she wanted to tease the living shit out of me. As if I didn't have enough of that today.