Out of the hospital

A week later
______________________

Espresso was let out of the hospital, being able to walk and everything. He was sore, and that was really it. His relationship with Madeleine had gotten a lot better as well.

Espresso will sometimes allow him to give him a bit of company while he's working. Not very often though.

Madeline and Latte were also keeping track of how much work Espresso was doing, how much sleep he was getting, and making sure he didn't drink more than 3 cups of coffee a day.

Latte: "Hi Espresso! Remember Raspberry from high school?"

Raspberry: "Is he still..the same?"

Espresso: "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Latte: "He's been..less rude I guess. BUT he is talking to Madeline!"

Raspberry: "Really?! It's like that one time on the bus!"

Latte: "Yeah! He doesn't believe me on that."

The two hot people-I mean Latte and Raspberry continued to talk and decided they would go out to the park to catch up on some things.

Which meant that if Espresso wanted company, he would have to go to Madeline.

He finished with his work earlier than expected today. And he didn't want to spend it alone like the week before.

So he went out to go and find Madeline.

He looked around but couldn't find Madeline anywhere.

"Jeez I normally wouldn't want company. And the day I do Latte is busy and Madeline in nowhere to be found." Espresso mumbled to himself.

He sighed and walked up a hill to a field full of flowers. Espresso went and sat down in the tall grass surrounding him.

Espresso lied down looking up at the vivid sky.

After 5 minutes or so, Espresso heard someone walking up the hill.

He got up and went to see who it was.

Madeline: "Espresso? What are you doing up here?"

Espresso: "Oh uh..I don't know. Latte is busy talking to Raspberry so..yeah."

Madeline: "You could of just gotten me y'know."

Espresso: "I looked all over for you.-I didn't say that I actually hate you."

Madeline smiled and pulled Espresso into the field.

The two sat down and talked in the hard wind and the sunlight across from the hills.

Espresso: "Jeez it's cold with all this stupid wind.."

Madeline saw that he was in fact, very cold. So he took off his cape and rapped it around Espresso. After he did so, he pulled Espresso into a hug.

Espresso: "I didn't need all of this.."
Though he was clearly enjoying it.

Madeline: "It's almost winter huh. C'mon, let's get you inside so you don't get a cold."

Madeline picked Espresso up bridal style and carefully walked down the hill.

Madeline brought them back to his house and gave Espresso a blanket. They sat down on the couch in the living room.

Espresso: "Uhgg..I just got out of the stupid hospital I don't need a cold..."

Madeline giggled.

"You know I can take care of you right?" Madeline said softly.

"But then you'll get sick!" Espresso wined.