A new beginning

Espresso's pov
__________________________

Jesus did they really have to use me at my worst? Where'd Red Velvet go? Oh my lord the kingdom has to be a mess..

We'll have to start all over. Which sucks.. Wait when did I get on Madeline's back? "Hey Madeleine..? When did you pick me up?" I asked.

"Oh you passed out. So I carried you!" Yeah okay that makes sense. Hm we're in the woods as of now.. Most of the kingdom is. A lot look tired out, wait everyone's here except...Chai.

Where could she have gone? We wouldn't just leave without her right? Well that's not good...

"Hey Mads? Do you happen to know where Chai is?" Ow shit the pain is really starting to set..

I could feel him slow down just a little. "No I-don't.." He seems as worried as I am.

"I think she'll be okay." Latte smiled. "You guys are worrying like she's you kid!" She teased. I rolled my eyes at her. Jeez isn't she annoying? Herb walked over to the three of us.

"Hey Espresso how you feeling?" He asked looked to see if I was fine with the wound and all.

"Horrible. It's nice to know they're so generous to take me at my worst!" I groaned.

As this long ass hike continued, it got dark.

"We'll have to set a camp somewhere..we're gonna have to share tents." Gingerbrave said as we were walking. Well-I'm not walking aha-

Luckily after he said so, we came across a field. Madeline offered to help and so did many. He placed me on the ground and said to stay put since I was brutally injured and not healed all the way.

After they had built little places enough for some to share, we began to settle down. They had made a fire and some were sitting near it talking to each other. I was tired from being used for most of the day. Madeline was worn out from fighting all day so we went to bed.

It wasn't going to be comfortable of course, but it's better than nothing.

"Jeez what a day.." Madeline muttered as he pulled me closer. I shivered as the wind surrounded us. Madeline noticed so he took his cape of and lied it on top of us.

The next morning we had to continue. Madeline offered to carry me but I felt fine to walk. Though if I didn't end up feeling well I'd let him carry me.

Some were carrying the kids since most of them didn't wake up. Though the more I looked around I thought of her. Chai. I was really worried.

She could've gotten really hurt and put through things a kid shouldn't be put through. Though I hope that she's fine.

I looked around a bit more. Gingerbrave was talking to Wizard, Strawberry, Custard, and Chili, for where they should stay, pointing to a map. I wonder where we are going to stay?

"Oh how about there!" Wizard pointed on the map. "We're heading towards it! It will take us about today, and a little bit of tomorrow to get there."

Madeline looked over at me. "You alright?" He put a hand on my head while we were walking.

"Oh yeah I just gazed off." I took his hand off my head and held it as we walked. I could tell he blushed just a little but pulled himself back together.

After many more hours of hiking, we had to set camp for the night again.

"Jeez my hair has been getting in the way of everything.. snagging branches and all." Madeline muttered while brushing the leaves out his hair.

"Can I braid it or something?" I offered.

"That's be helpful." He turned towards me. Yes whatever I like his hair.

I braided his hair while others got ready to go to sleep. It was getting pretty late but we wouldn't have time to do this in the morning.

Though luckily I finished his braid in 5 minutes.

"Thank you~" He gave me a kiss before falling asleep.

The next day it was the same thing. Shit I'm hella tired today. I took a few seconds to properly get up.

"You look really tired. I can carry you if you want!" Madeline smiled.

"I think...I'll be fine.." I slowly got up and yawned. I never thought Madeline would look so good in a braid. He probably looks good in everything.

"Well if you won't let me carry you then I'm holding your hand!" He brushed through my hair and gently grabbed my hand.

We started to walk and I was sort of leaning on Madeline. I insisted on not needing to be carried. Though Madeline though otherwise.

"You sure you don't want me to carry you darling?" Madeline offered once more.

"I said I'll be fine.." I yawned again after saying so. He just sighed. "I'm worried for you.." He said concerned. "Aren't you worried for yourself?"

"I don't hVe anything to worry about right now.." I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you so stubborn? You know I'm okay with carrying you." He sighed and didn't continue with it.

After a few minutes, I could feel I was going to like..pass out.

"Hey Madeline..? Can you p.." I fell over.

Madeline's pov:
________________________________

Jeez he looks really bad now. Oh is he finally going to ask- WOAH

Oh well there you have it.

He fell asleep right there and then and luckily I caught him. I smiled just a little and picked him up bridal style.

Latte quickly walked over. "Oh my I saw the whole thing! Is he alright?" She looked at Espresso concerned.

"He was super tired and he just fell asleep. I offered to carry him but he insisted that I didn't." I looked at him. He curled up into a little ball, digging his head into my chest.

Oh I love it when he does that! It's just so adorable of him!~

"Aha! We made it! Alright everyone this is where we'll stay!" Gingerbrave smiled.

It was a nice big area, surely bigger than the one we had before.

"This place used to be an old kingdom hence the tiles that are still here. It will be pretty annoying to rebuild everything we once had but it'll be worth it! Trust me!" Gingerbrave clapped.

Many were already asking what they could do. This will be a whole new beginning.