Try to remember

Later that day, I was just trying to work. Though Latte bursted into the room like she always does.

"Hm? What is it this time?" I said still focused on my experiment.

"Oh uh it's nothing! I just came to see something I'll be right back." She went over to my room.

What's with her? Since when does she just run to my room? Uhg this is so annoying why is everyone acting so different?! I mean why the hell was I even with them?

Why was I with herb?! What happened???

This is just so annoying. I have no idea what on earth happened and why they're acting so strange.

Latte came running back. "Hey Essy?" She called out.

"What?"

"Are you wearing a ring per chance??"

I looked down at my hand. I was. I've never ever seen this ring before.

"Yeah why?" I said staring at it. It's like I should know. Know who it came from.

"Oh it's um no reason! Anyway I'll be talking to Madeline and I know you "hate him" and all so I'll leave you here." She opened the door and walked off.

Why did she say "hate him" all like that? Why does she think I have any interest in him?! In any way or any form that is!

Look I don't care if the twin thinks he's handsome, because he absolutely is the complete opposite. Not only do I despise him, he has the worst looks of a person. Ever.

I walked out of the house to see if I could here any weird thing that I supposedly forgot from the two.

"He has what??" I heard what sounded like Madeline.

"He has the ring you gave him! I'm sure he doesn't know that you had died and stuff but he doesn't even know that he died himself!" Latte said happily.

I died?! Madeline died?! What the hell!? Why the fuck are they just hiding this from me?! Madeline gave me this ring? I guess I'll have to throw it away.

Though...it is rather nice hm? Well I suppose I'll keep it. Why would he give me such a ring? Why did I let him? This is just too confusing.

It's all too much. I just feel like I need to know. Know why Madeline gave this ring to me.

After about an hour I saw Latte doing really nothing. Which means she's free at the moment. I ran over to her.

"Latte..can we talk? For a minute preferably in private." I said putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh um sure?" She said confused.

I pulled her over to my house.

"Latte, I really need you to answer this question.." I said as we sat down.

"Which is?" She still said concerned.

"Why did Madeline give me this ring?" I took it off and placed on the table.

"Oh...uhm.."

"And since when did we die? Why the hell did you hide it from me?!" I said getting frustrated.

"Espresso...you'll just get mad. You wouldn't understand. Not right now.." She got up from the table. "I'll tell you another time. I promise. I'm just not ready.."