How?

A year later
______________

I had just went to Herb's garden to pick up some flowers for Madeline's grave. I'm doing better now. Thankfully Latte has been there to talk to me.

I walked over to his grave and sat down. I placed the bouquet of flowers on part of the grave stone. The cold August breeze blew lightly. As much as I hate coming here since it reminds me of what I lost, it's very peaceful up here.

I miss him. A lot. But it's time I let go. I've moved forward. I've come far enough. I'm sure he's proud of me to continue.

I walked back down to the kingdom.

"Essy!! I'm bored. Can we do something?" Latte yelled out running towards me.

She gave me a big hug and asked me if I wanted to grab a cup of coffee and go to the graveyard.

Sure I was just there, but I don't mind. Instead of coffee I got some green tea.

We set up a small blanket and sat down. "Essy did you bring these up here?" She asked pointing at the flowers.

"Hm? Oh yeah I did. I came up here today."

"I swear when I find out who killed him I will return the favor." Latte scoffed.

I know she was trying to cheer me up a bit. Which it did. She's really been there for me. Ever since middle school.

We stayed there for about an half an hour before walking back.

"Oh, I forgot to give you this." She handed me a  ring. The ring was pure silver with the moon eclipse that you could slide round and round.

"Why'd you give me this?" I asked putting it on.

"Madeline was going to give this to you as a gift. I completely forgot and I just found it today. Isn't it cool?" She smiled.

"Yeah it is pretty cool."

I smiled with her. I went back home and sat down at my desk. I did some of my work and after a bit someone knocked at my door.

"Come in." I said still focused on what I was doing.

Before I could look back, a pair of hands covered my face.

"Latte let go of me I don't have time to play your games." I said holding her wrist trying to pull it away.

"What? My hands aren't that big?! Guess again." Latte's voice sounded farther away from me.

"Look I don't care on who's covering my damn face. Let the hell go and you won't leave with a burn."

The hands let go of my face and before I could react they pulled me out of my chair and hugged the living hell out of me.

I looked down at the arms of the person.

"What....Madeline? How..?"

"The healers staff head is a very substantial object! Every 5 er' so years the staff gives you an opportunity to revive someone from the dead as the trees lose its leaves. Once the all the trees leaves fall in the certain kingdom, you have lost the opportunity to heal someone or something and must wait another 5 years. It's a very rare treasure that was found years ago!" Herb explained happily.

(It's like the kingdom arena thing were someone just resurrects themselves 💀)

I don't know how to react. I just stood there, in shock. Finally my emotions decided to process the moment. I turned myself around and held his shirt tightly. Tears flooded my eyes as I tightened my grip.

I could here Latte squeal to herself. " I forgot how cute you two were together!"

Madeline brushed through my hair. Raspberry busted in the room and ran towards Madeline.

"You're back! Oh my god you're alive now! We missed you so much!!" She joined the hug.

I can't let go of him. It's felt too kind. It's been too long.

"We'll, we should leave those two alone." Latte commented. "I'm sure it effected Essy the most so we'll leave them to it." The three walked out the room.

Madeline picked me up and cuddled with me on the bed. "I haven't felt your warmth in forever. It's cold up there." Madeline said pulling me closer. "I'm glad I didn't see you up there. I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of myself as well. You don't know how much I missed you.." I said digging my head into his chest.

"I know. I saw it all. It hurt so much seeing you so down. But you did it. You survived through it. I knew the divine would save me. It kept you alive."

Madeline yawned and put a hand on my head. I got tired as well.

"I'm so happy your back."

"I'm happy that I get to see you in person again.