I changed my mind

Madeline shut the door and walked off.

Damn it, I do not want to talk, see, or hear about Madeline for the next week.

That's so embarrassing! I wanted to cuddle? This is such bullshit! Wanting to talk to him was clearly the stupidest idea ever. No, getting Latte was the stupidest idea.

Hm, well it seems that the question has cleared my mind.

I continued my work. I had gotten so much done in the few hours I had.

Finally, we're back to a normal schedule. Unless Latte bursts into here. She the the last person that I want to see right now especially.

I decided to take a walk to maybe clear my head. I had gotten my work done up till tomorrow. So I had some time to myself.

I walked into the forest. It would be the least likely place to bump into anyone there. The only person that I should see is Fig. That's the only person I think I won't actually scream at right now.

Espresso walked through the woods, most trees didn't have leaves at this point. The rest that did were in faint reds, oranges, browns, and yellows. Basic fall colors. The breeze was cold, it was 47 out.

Espresso slightly shivered. Though he didn't want to go inside anytime soon. He wanted to be left alone. Luckily, Latte doesn't like the forest, especially at this time of year.

That's when it hit him.

"I've been thinking about my feelings for Madeline, but what about latte? She's only been in my way, making me look bad. What do I think of her?"

He had to sit down and think about it. He had been friends with since 6th grade. It wouldn't seem right to let her go after all those years.

"Maybe it's time I actually had some sense huh. This is my final straw, I'm ignoring her. Just like Madeline, I think I despise her."

Sure it didn't feel right dropping her like this, but it never ever will. Every friendship comes to an end. Maybe it's time for this one to finally break.

So for now and on, Espresso decided he would ignore Latte. Lock his door while he's working, so that she can't just come in.

Maybe it's the thing that'll help him focus.

Though it could be the thing to make him lonely, and make the last of his sweetness turn pure bitter.

Or it could be the thing to make him happy, and make him focus more to get all of his work done in just an hour.

"I changed my mind. I don't want to talk to Madeline. And I surly made up my mind. I'm going to avoid Latte."

As much as he did think about this, he can't change his answer. He does feel like it's harsh, but he is doing this for the better.