⬖ C . 23

Rapidly she scurried down the hall while now and again checking her watch

Rapidly she scurried down the hall while now and again checking her watch. The weight in her arm was slowing her down but Suyin didn't even bother thinking about it. Her mind was plagued by the fact that she was once again late. It was becoming a habit.

It wasn't Renjun's fault. He always comes to the apartment in time to pick her up and he even has breakfast at theirs. But Suyin is the one who slows him down. However, Renjun never complains because his lessons seem to always be in the afternoon. Suyin on the other hand sadly has hers in the morning, which stresses her out because she isn't the most punctual person.

A frustrated groan left her lips when she accidentally dropped her folder onto the floor. "Great this is gonna slow me down even more" she began talking to herself, complaining. But then a small squeal left her lips when a hand out of nowhere reached out to collect the fallen papers that scattered on the floor.

Snapping her head up she made eye contact with a familiar looking boy. Kindly smiling towards her he aided her out by grabbing all the papers. "T-thank you" she nervously spoke. He just chuckled and shook his head as they both stood up on their two feet.

"You can place them in here" she quietly spoke out opening her folder but he refused and began walking while carrying some of her papers. "Are you coming?" he asked while looking back to find the girl frozen in place. Suyin came out of her daze and ran next to him.

He didn't say much and it was becoming uncomfortable. "Umm - thank you for helping me" she repeated. The taller boy looked down at her small figure and put on a soft smile. "It's ok, you have a lot to carry" Suyin tore their gaze to the front avoiding his eye contact.

"I'm Sunwoo by the way"

She flickered her head towards him and nodded. "Yeah I know" the girl blurted out without notice. Immediately he raised his eyebrows making her realise her mistake and mentally kick herself. "Um I mean - yeah I know you not in a creepy way - I um, because we are in the same c-class" she stuttered near the end feeling slightly embarrassed. But this just made it worse. Her ear tinted red and a part of her wanted to run away or dig a grave.

Sunwoo just laughed and ruffled her hair making Suyin's breath hitch at the sudden contact. Her shoulders tensed up and eyed froze not blinking. "I understand," he said.

Inhaling heavily she let out a gust of air before talking again. "Should we speed up? I think we're already late" 

"I called my friend. Apparently the professor is stuck in traffic. He isn't there yet"

Scoffing she looked up ahead. "I thought I was late. He's worse than me" she muttered, tutting lightly. "I didn't get your name by the way"

"Hmm? Oh - I'm Huang Suyin" Sunwoo nodded and opened the door to the lecture room. "It's nice meeting you Huang Suyin" she smiled at him as she was walking over towards her usual seat next to Donghyuck.