Chapter 33

Addison walked into the house she rented and saw Jordan sitting on the living room couch for some reason.
"What are you doing?" Addison asked, watching him do something with a bunch of papers and a pallet. "Are you... painting?"
"Yes?" Jordan said, looking up at her.
Addison rolled her eyes. "Whatever. By the way, I've got a bone to pick with you?"
Jordan grinned. "Chicken bone?"
"No." Addison frowned. "A bone. Are you cheating on Sierra?"
"No?"
"Then why were you flirting with Fiolina just now?"
"Because Sierra dumped me."
Addison nodded, realising the real reason. "Oh... that makes sense." His statement finally sank in, making her gasp. "Wait... what?! She dumped you? Why?"
"Because I refused to buy her the overpriced pair of shoes she saw online," Jordan shrugged. "She thinks I have a money tree or something?"
Addison snorted. "She's a gold digger, dude."
"Tell me something I don't know."
Addison took her shoes off and sat on the couch next to the one he was sitting on. She leaned forward to see what Jordan was painting. "Also, what are you painting?"
Jordan held the large piece of acrylic paper up to show her what he had been painting. To her surprise, it was an incredibly detailed painting of a woman who looked a lot like Felicia.
"Is that Felicia?" Addison asked in surprise. "Why are you painting a portrait of her?"
Jordan looked around to make sure that Mrs. Kennedy wasn't around before speaking in a low voice. "It's a peace offering. I don't know why, but for some reason, she keeps giving me this stink-eye ."
"So I've seen," Addison chuckled.
"Yeah," Jordan nodded. "That's why I'm doing this so that she would treat me a little better. She hates me for some reason, I don't know why..."
Addison chuckled and got up. "Well, then I guess I'll leave you to your... painting. See ya."

***

"When's your assignment due, again?" Addison asked, eating from a cup of instant pasta.
"This week," Jeff said, typing on his laptop with a grimace. "I have to turn it in by Sunday."
"Today's Sunday," Addison pointed out, spooning more of the bland pasta into her mouth. "Also, this pasta isn't good... so bleh. I wonder why some people even buy this."
Jeff rolled his eyes. "It's not due today, idiot."
"Then?"
"Next Sunday."
"Oh..."
"Yeah," Jeff nodded. "Also, I don't like that pasta too. I prefer the frozen one. It's tastier and easier too. Just microwave."
Addison shrugged. "Haven't really tried it. Maybe next time."
Jeff snorted. "Yeah, that better be on a weekend day where you come earlier than twenty minutes like today. You take forever to eat..."
"Yeah, right," Addison rolled her eyes. "It's because I have to edit your smelly assignment."
Jeff grunted.
"Just be grateful that I'm helping you for free," Addison sighed. "Yesterday, you indirectly called me fat, and now you're calling me a slow eater."
Jeff made a sound of mock sympathy and stepped out of the counter. "Tell me what you want, I'll buy for you."
"Knock it out..." Addison scowled, swatting him away. "I'm not expecting anything in return. I just want gratitude. Also... am I really that heavy?"
Jeff shrugged. "You almost knocked me off the bike. But I guess you're not that heavy. I've seen heavier people."
"Like you?"
"Fine, like me..." Jeff sighed.
Addison burst into laughter. "But maybe you're right. I think I'll go on a diet. No more chicken pies and instant pasta."
Jeff snorted. "Yeah, like that would last a day." He chuckled. "Also, Addie. You're not fat. You're chubby! There's a difference."
"You sound like my dad," Addison sighed. "Always pinches my cheeks and say I look like a chipmunk."
Jeff started laughing. "You actually do."
A customer walked in, making Jeff hurry back to the counter. Addison frowned at him and continued eating her instant pasta.

Fiolina walked into the shop, whistling an unknown tune. Addison closed her book and pushed it aside, crossing her arms on the counter as she leaned forward to look at her.
"Hello, Addie!" Fiolina practically sang.
"Hey," Addison chuckled. "Also, remember how you were hitting on Jordan yesterday?"
"Yeah?"
"Go for it."
Fiolina looked at her in surprise. "I thought you said I shouldn't be a side chick and whatnot?"
Addison shook her head. "That chick dumped him. So you're not gonna be a side."
Fiolina squealed in joy, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she clapped. "Yay!"
"You like him that much?"
"No, it's because I just broke up with my ex," Fiolina sighed, making her way towards the junk food aisle. "A massive jerk. Was cheating on me with some girl from Alford."
"Wasn't me, I swear," Addison raised her hands in surrender.
"I know, idiot," Fiolina rolled her eyes, coming back to the counter. "It's some blond chick."
Addison grinned thoughtfully. "Is her name Sierra?"
Fiolina gasped, dropping everything on the counter. "How did you know?!"
"That's Jordan's ex," Addison snickered, grabbing the barcode scanner. "So basically, you two are exchanging partners. How nice."
"How dreamy..." Fiolina sighed happily.
"How entertaining," Addison smirked, scanning Fiolina's things.

***

Addison came down the stairs with her bag and went to the dining hall. Jake was already there, going over his notes.
"I've got some news," Addison said as she sat down in front of him.
Jake looked up at her, pushing his glasses up his nose. "What is it?"
"Jordan got dumped by his gold digger girlfriend," Addison informed. "Not that it's bad, and not that he's heartbroken, but it means that he might chum up with my friend from work. They were hitting on each other yesterday."
"Typical Jordan," Jake sighed, shaking his head. "By the way, is this friend of yours a good girl?"
"She's fun," Addison shrugged. "But I'm telling you, I don't know that much about her. We only meet during work. My male coworker met her a few times, but doesn't like her one bit. Thinks she's bad news."
"I agree with him for some reason..." Jake nodded thoughtfully. "Jordan better be careful."
"Yeah..." Addison agreed. "Can you give him a warning? A guy-to-guy warning?"
"Will do," Jake smirked. "By the way... is this okay?"
They studied together, with Addison doing most of the editing and rephrasing.
"You're getting pretty good at this," Addison smiled. "By the way, I never asked. Which college do you go to?"
"Harvington," Jake said without looking up from his paperwork. "You go to Alford with Jordan, don't you?"
"I do," Addison nodded. "We go to the same Academic Writing and Speaking skill class. Jordan doesn't really like the AW teacher because... well he keeps picking on Jordan."
"Why?" Jake asked, amused.
"His hair colour, the fact that he's always late, his handwriting," Addison went on. "Oh! Did I show you the video of him welcoming Jordan like a guest of honour?"
"You literally sent it to me," Jake chuckled.
"Oh yeah, I forgot..." Addison chuckled. She tapped her fingers together. "Also, don't tell him I took that video?"
"Don't worry, I won't," Jake shrugged. "Your secret's safe with me."
Addison laughed and continued with the 'lesson'. Well, she was technically Jake's tuition teacher, considering she was actually getting paid. For sitting and chatting with Jake for the most part.
Felicia came in and put a tray of cookies and milk next to them with a smile.
"Eat while you study," Mrs. Kennedy beamed before leaving.
Oh yes, and for snacking on the job too.