Chapter 83

Addison wasn't sure if Jordan was okay. She didn't know if she should visit him during work, especially since it costed her a hefty price for a drink.
Addison groaned, defeated. She was gonna go anyway...
She stood in line and looked at the menu to see what the cheapest drink was. In the end, she settled for some hot chocolate. Well, it was a cold day after all.
So she waited in line, watching as Jordan went about making drinks for the customers. The boss was helping too since there were many orders.
All of a sudden, Addison heard her name being called. She turned to look and inwardly groaned.
It was none other than Giuseppe.
"Addie!" Giuseppe grinned. "You here for coffee too?"
"No, Sir, just hot cocoa," Addison smiled slightly. "I don't wanna end up with insomnia."
"Oh yeah, that's good too," Giuseppe nodded. He took a step forward alongside Addison when the line moved. "But I think I'll have a mochaccino."
Addison nodded and looked over at the line to see how many customers were left before her. "Oh, okay. Mocha is a good choice."
"Yeah," Giuseppe nodded approvingly. "Especially in this weather..."
"Yeah... kinda cold today, isn't it?" Addison added.
Giuseppe paused for a moment and shifted his legs slightly. "Yeah, I hope it doesn't rain when it's time to go home. By the way, what's your favourite kind of coffee?"
Addison shrugged. "Latte? Cappuccino? I dunno, they both taste the same to me."
"Ah, but there is a difference," Giuseppe smiled. "A cappuccino contains lesser milk. Therefore, people say it's healthier."
It took a moment for Addison to absorb that. "Yeah, but... the two still contain coffee, right? So they both contain the same amount of caffeine."
Giuseppe nodded. "That's true. The only difference is the portion of milk added."
The line moved forward so Addison took another step, just one customer away from the counter. "Yeah, they both contain caffeine so equally bad for you..."
Giuseppe murmured something in Italian as he looked at the time on his wrist. "How long is this line? I only have twenty minutes left and..." he trailed off.
"There's only one more customer," Addison said as she waited.
"No, there's two," Giuseppe pointed out. "You're here too, remember?"
"Oh..." Addison nodded. "You wanna go before me?"
"You don't mind?" Giuseppe asked, surprised.
Addison shrugged. "Sure. I don't mind."
Giuseppe smiled. "Thanks, Addie."
"You're welcome, Sir," Addison smiled back.
The guy in front of them finally moved and the two stepped forward. Jordan stared at them in shock, first at Addison and then at Giuseppe.
"Giordano!" Giuseppe greeted amiably.
"Hi, Sir," Jordan offered a smile. "Addie."
"Hey," Addison greeted awkwardly.
"Jordan, I'd like a medium Mochaccino," Giuseppe ordered, holding up his index finger. "And a hot cocoa for Addie."
Addison looked at him in surprise. "What?"
"It's okay, it's on me," Giuseppe grinned. "Medium or large?"
Addison shook her head. "Mr. Galante, why?"
"Oh, come on, you allowed me to go before you," Giuseppe shrugged. "Just take it as a thank you." He pointed his thumb at the waiting Jordan. "Come on, medium or large?"
"S-Small?" Addison squeaked out.
"We don't have small, the minimum size is a medium," Jordan said, sour grapes evident in his voice.
"Medium..." Addison reluctantly said.
"Put that in," Giuseppe said, pointing at the register.
Jordan nodded and told him the payment. Giuseppe pressed his card on the reader and the redhead handed him the receipt.
"Prepare my drink first, okay?" Giuseppe said. "I'm in a rush."
Jordan nodded and immediately set out to prepare Giuseppe's drink. It was soon done and he handed a medium-sized paper cup to him. The Italian man left with it, waving at his two students as he disappeared down the lane. Jordan then started making Addison's hot cocoa.
"What is your story?" Jordan asked, putting down the cup in front of Addison, and leaning forward. "You secretly dating him behind my back?"
Addison gasped. "Jordan! Eww!"
"Then what's the story?" Jordan asked.
"I just came to get a cocoa and he appeared out of thin air!" Addison defended herself. "I offered to let him order before me, but I didn't expect that he'd pay for my drink!"
Jordan shook his head. "First Jake and now this? You have a lot of admirers, Addie."
"Jordan, please," Addison groaned. "He might've just been expressing his gratitude for letting him order first."
Jordan sighed and pushed the drink towards her. "Take your drink."
"Jordan, you okay?" Addison asked as she took her cup.
"Why wouldn't I be?" Jordan asked nonchalantly.
Addison held her cup . "I don't know... you seem a bit down today."
Jordan simply shrugged. Addison realised that there wasn't much info to be gotten out of him so she just waved and left, making a beeline for the bus stop.

Addison walked in on Jeff having a burger from the food warmer. She stopped short as soon as he brought it towards his mouth, his eyes wide with surprise.
"You're having lunch?" Addison asked.
"I can explain—" Jeff gulped.
Addison sighed. "Jeff, did you steal that?"
Jeff immediately shook his head. "No, I didn't. I paid for it."
"Then why do you look so guilty?" Addison set her cup on the table, crossing her arms as she regarded him.
Jeff smirked. "No reason."
"Jeff..."
"Fine, I forgot to have breakfast," Jeff surrendered with a sigh.
Addison looked at him in surprise. "Jeff! Why?"
"I got carried away reading, okay?" Jeff added. "It's been ages since I started reading this book and I was finally nearing the end."
"Is it that Jeffrey Archer book?" Addison asked.
"YES!" Jeff groaned. "You see, I've been reading it for like a month now."
Addison gasped. "A month? Jeff, are you serious?"
"What, I've got a life outside of you," Jeff frowned. "Also, I finally finished that book."
"Was it good?" Addison asked, also getting a burger from the food warmer.
"Was fun," Jeff nodded. "Very funny."
Addison nodded thoughtfully, waiting for her burger to warm up as she paced back and forth in the shop. "Can I borrow it sometime?"
Jeff instantly frowned. "No."
"Sounds about right," Addison shrugged. "Same with me too. I don't allow anyone to borrow my books."
"So you understand," Jeff smirked, his dimple showing. "Anyway, are there any updates on Mr. Superhero?"
Addison shrugged. "Not for now. Why do you ask?"
Jeff nodded towards the paper cup on the table across from him. "You went to Sundeer. We all know that there is only one reason why you go there, and it's not coffee."
"You guessed it, Jordan's being a little down..." Addison admitted. The microwave started beeping so she went to take her food out. "Apparently, he called his father and..."
"What's going on with Hoodie, anyway?" Jeff asked, scrunching up his face. "Is he... he is actually the Superhero?" He let out an exaggerated gasp. "OH MY GOSH! HAVE WE BEEN FRIENDS WITH THE SUPERHERO ALL THIS WHILE?!"
A customer suddenly walked in and Jeff immediately straightened himself.
"Hurry up and scan my things," Addison sighed, going over to the counter with her burger and a small pack of salted sunflower seeds.
Jeff nodded and immediately did. Addison paid with her card, being reminded of the time when Giuseppe paid for her drink, and went to her post beside the window.
The two quietly waited as the customer went about getting whatever he pleased. The man finally came to the counter and paid for everything before leaving, without even acknowledging Jeff when he said "Have a nice day."
The man just walked out, leaving the two to stare at him in surprise.
"Wow, rude," Jeff frowned, shaking his head.
"At least this guy didn't cause any trouble," Addison shrugged. She picked up her cup and took a sip before turning back to Jeff. "By the way, guess how much this hot cocoa costed me."
"You got it for free, didn't you..." Jeff shook his head. "What did you do? Threaten Hoodie?"
"No, Jordan had nothing to do with this one," Addison sighed. "That Galante fella paid for it."
Jeff looked at him in surprise. "Your Academic Writing teacher?"
"Yep," Addison nodded and let out a groan. "I have no idea why. He says it's because I let him buy his drink first even when he came after me."
"That's kinda nice of him," Jeff smiled slightly. "Or maybe he likes you."
"He does, because I'm his best student alongside Jordan," Addison proudly said. "He likes us both."
"No, not that like, I meant like like," Jeff wiggled his brows.
Addison immediately turned pale, causing Jeff to shriek with laughter.