Chapter 2

Meredith's pov

My mom and I are on our way to the Shepherd's and I have a feeling I'm going to fail math because 1. I have always been horrible at math and 2. I have this stupid crush over who Cristina now calls 'Mcdreamy'. We arrive at the Shepherd's I'm not dressed too nice because it's just  dinner with my mom's friend's family.

 We arrive at the Shepherd's I'm not dressed too nice because it's just  dinner with my mom's friend's family

Meredith's outfit

Nobody's pov

Ellis knocked on the door and then it swung open "so glad you could make it Ellis and Meredith well my you look gorgeous" Carolyn said with a huge smile. "Come on in dinner will be ready shortly Ameila is in her room Meredith if you would like to see her Mark won't be here until tomorrow so if you would like to come again tomorrow that would be lovely the rest of the girls took their kids to the park they should be back soon and that means we are waiting long Derek" She said then Meredith headed upstairs to Ameilas room she is 2 years younger than Meredith but the closest to her age.

"Hey Meredith" Ameila said and Meredith walked into her room "hey" Meredith responded. "How have you been?" Ameila asked "great you?" Meredith said. Then they caught up with eachother when someone knocked on their door. "Come in!" Amelia yelled that's when she saw  him her very attractive teacher opened that door. "Mom said dinner is done told me to come get you" Derek said before he even realized Meredith was there. "Well, well, well look what we have here Miss Meredith Grey" he said and shot her his Mcdreamy smile. That sent butterflies in her stomach "the one and only and you must be Derek then" she smiled at him "correct" he said "well after you Miss Grey" he chuckled. "Why thank you Mr. Shepherd" she giggled.

"What was that about I thought you didn't know my brother" Amelia asked. "Turns out he is that attractive teacher I was telling you about" Meredith said "the one your friend calls Mcdreamy?" Ameila asked "the one and only" Meredith laughed. "Ewww you have the hots for him out of all people in the world" Amelia said disgusted. "Well I guess so" Meredith said as she sat down. "Guess so what" Derek asked sitting across from her
"Well wouldn't you like to know" she said. "I would like to very much indeed" he responded. "Well it's the same thing me and Cristina were talking about before you interrupted it" she said "ah that Mcdreamy fellow was it" he said "yes and you always seem to asked me what I'm talking about when I talk about him" she said "well you always seem to be talking about him" he smiled. Then Ellis and Carolyn walked in and all the girls came in with their kids. "Seems to me that you two are getting along" Carolyn said smiling. "Yeah I'm very surprised I'm even talking to him" Meredith said "and why is that dear?" Ellis asked "mhmm I'm not sure maybe because he is my math teacher and by the why math is my least favorite thing to do" Meredith said
"Ouch that hurt math isn't going to kill you and it certainly isn't that bad" Derek said pretending to be hurt that's when lilly came in Kathleen's oldest who is 4 "uncle Der Der are you okay" she said climing on him. "I'm okay but Meredith over there hurt my feelings" He whispered to her. "Meredwif why did you hurt uncle Der Der's fweelings" she asked her "because he likes math he is a weirdo" Meredith told her. "Oh well that makes lot of more sense now uncle Der Der that's why I don't fweel bad for you" she said patting his head before climbing down to sit in Meredith's lap. "I win" Meredith giggled bouncing lilly on her lap.
"You did not" Derek pouted "oh but I so did" Meredith said. "You wont be saying that when you have piles of math homework" he grinned "now that Mr. Shepherd is abuse of power" she giggled "yeah Mr. Shepherd" Lilly chimed in making everyone laugh.

Things were going fine at the dinner and Carolyn asked "so Meredith how was your first day of school" "it was okay just like any other school day very boring and long" she responded
"Was it that bad Meredith" Ellis asked "well other than the school stuff caught up with my friends especially Cristina" Meredith said. "Oh yes Miss Yang" Derek said remembering her. "Oh yes" Meredith laughed. "Yes it seemed like you two were having a nice conversation during my class" Derek said "hey first of all I was trying to remember all that math crap you gave us but Cristina wouldn't stop talking to me" Meredith defended herself "what were they talking about Uncle Derek?" Carrie Liz's second oldest who was nine asked. "You see all Miss Yang told me was something about a special someone she calls 'Mcdreamy'" he said. "Who is that code for Meredith?" Ellis asked "nobody!" Meredith said quickly turning red and Amy burst into laughter while Meredith put her face in her hands.

"Amy do you know who it is" Carolyn asked amused "I do but since I'm such a good friend I'll save Mer the embarrassment" Amelia said patting Meredith on the back. "Thank you all so much for that conversation" Meredith said sarcastically. "Don't worry Meredith any time" Derek said just wanting to know who this kid is feeling jealousy sweep over him.
"Okay you guys know what I don't ever think you will ever meet him as my boyfriend and if you did I'm not even sure if you'll approve if it ever did happen" Meredith said "now why wouldn't we approve?" Nancy asked her "oh for certain reasons" Amelia said. "Name one of those reasons" Derek said. Then Amy looked at him and could tell the hints of anger and jealousy in his eyes then she looked at   Meredith looking for approval to tell them one thing" Meredith didn't really want her to so Amelia said "Meredith Grey is too good for him anyway."

"You know Amy we could be the judge of that if you just tell us who he is" Liz said "no way am I telling you but I would NEVER I mean NEVER like this man like she does" Ameila said then Meredith kicked her from under the table "just telling them the truth" Amy said. "What do you even mean by that Amy?" Carolyn asked "I mean like Meredith likes him romantically but I will always just like him as if he were like Derek" Amy shrugged but that last part caught Meredith off guard and she choked on her drink.

"Are you okay Meredith?" Derek asked going over by her "uhm yeah yeah fine I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick" Meredith said and ran away to the bathroom. "Well that was weird" Ellis said. "Amy just tell us one more thing about him pleasee" Kathleen begged. "Yeah pwease Aunty Amy" lilly begged too

"Okay well he's really hot and dreamy atleast that's what her and Cristina say would I say that not so much that's also why they call Mcdreamy" Amy said. "Intresting I'm going to have to meet this boy" Ellis said making Amy laugh a little "what's so funny" Derek asked her "oh nothing it's I would not call him a boy might offend him" Amy said looking Derek up and down.

Then Meredith came back from the bathroom and they moved on from the subject.

After dinner was over Ameila and Meredith went into the living room.
"Amelia why would you tell them anything!" Meredith whisper yelled "uhm because they were interrogating me" Amelia said before they heard Derek's voice from behind them. "You Miss Grey are very good at whispering and keeping things secretive" Derek said "I am indeed" Meredith answered him. "Ugh get a room" Amelia said "what do you mean he is my teacher!" Meredith said "yes Amy I am her teacher don't say things like that" Derek said amused.

"Well Meredith we should probably get going" Ellis said "oh yes Meredith you must certainly should we don't need you being late in the morning" Derek nodded. "Haha you are so funny" Meredith said walking ove to gather her things. "I am but I don't think you have enough humor to understand me" Derek told her "or maybe your just old" Meredith shrugged waiting for his reaction "ouch Miss Grey you really know how to hurt my feelings and for your information I am only 25 which is only like 8 years older than you" he said. "Good to know and even better to know you actually know math" she said to him "I do know how to do math quite well if you ask me" Derek said. "Good to know maybe you can teach me sometime because I don't do math it's not my thing" she laughed "I can tell it's all over that worksheet" he laughed. "Hey it's not your place to judge now with that Mr. Shepherd I will see you tomorrow" She told him and walked away.

Derek could not get that girl out of his mind especially now. Also her outfit did not go unnoticed by him he kept stealing glimpses of her when her could.